Firestudio Project/Sonar 6 PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP

Author
CymrychHugh
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2010/09/18 18:31:11 (permalink)

Firestudio Project/Sonar 6 PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP

Hey guys,

I'm trying to set up my friends recording rig.  He has an Acer 6530 AMD atholon x2 with Vista.  We have installed the firestudio drivers, installed sonar, got the firestudio synced up, etc.  However I look for the firestudio 1-8 inputs under the "Inputs" on each track I'm only getting Realtek High (1 in, 1 out) or simply (1 in, 1 out).  When I go to check my outputs I have Speakers (Realtek High Definition) and Speakers (Presonus Firestudio A).  When I go to Options> Audio, the driver is on MME 32-bit.  I try to change it to ASIO, WDM, etc. and click "ok" and the screen just stays up, So I'm forced to click "Cancel" to go back to track view.  Nothing works.  I'm very confused.  Any suggestions?

5 Replies Related Threads

CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    Re:Firestudio Project/Sonar 6 PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP 2010/09/18 18:50:48 (permalink)
    You need to change disable that realtec sound chip and then you need to start Sonar with the firestudio connected and on.

Make sure you go to presomus.com and download their latest drivers for it!!
    Then follow this:
    Click Options | Audio | Advanced.  Set your Driver Mode to ASIO.  If you do not see Driver Mode, make sure the box next to “Always use mme interface” is NOT checked.  Click OK and restart the program. 
    Next, Click Options | Audio:
    On the Drivers tab:
    Make sure your Presonus card is selected under both inputs and outputs.  If it appears grayed out, deselect all drivers, in both inputs and outputs, then select your Presonus card.  If changes are made, click OK and restart the program. 

NOTE: Presonus also provides very reliable WDM drivers. If you experience problems in ASIO Driver Mode, you may want to consider using WDM as an alternative.
    On the general tab:
    Make sure one of your Presonus card drivers is selected as Playback Timing master.  Click OK.  Restart the program if prompted. 

Finally, all audio playback will occur from the Presonus device itself.  Make sure you have your speakers or headphones connected to its outputs. 
    Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    Peter J
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 424
    Re:Firestudio Project/Sonar 6 PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP 2010/09/18 20:04:20 (permalink)
    CJ lives for such questions.  

-Phoen1x

the artist formerly known as Peter J

new music soon from Tightrope Fortune!

The *brand new* Phoen1xDAW:
    Core i5 3.3 GHz on Asus P8B75-M
    32 GB Mushkin Blackline RAM
    (2) Seagate 1 TB HD's
    1 GB nVidia Vid
    Win 7 Pro SP1
    SONAR X3!

My DAW is not cutting edge. It is middle-of-the-blade super bang for the buck! The BAM is in the RAM. ;-|

dr.hash
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 220
    Re:Firestudio Project/Sonar 6 PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP 2010/09/18 20:14:22 (permalink)
    It's the Firewire chipset on your motherboard, I had similar probelms with my laptop.  I gave up lets just say I don't believe Firewire is the way to go for audio interfaces.  A lot of problems, they seam to only work with a few Firewire Chipsets.  I even had trouble running Texas Instrument express card and Firestudio Project. 

What I think we have here is Presonus bringing out some of the finest converters and preamps on the market were talking 114db dynamic range on the convertors and some of the ****tiest drivers and or Firewire chipsets.

Hunt your way through this forum and the internet and you will find a similar problem.  Read the back of the manual and it will tell you it only accepts certain Firewire chipsets.
    My Two Cents

“In Search Of The Lost Digital Chord”
    Down with the false Gods. (Audio Schools)
    Viva la Revolution
    Sonar Forever, Pro Tools Never
    Ben B.C.T (Bachelor of Creative Technology)
    http://www.myspace.com/audiomystics

CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    Re:Firestudio Project/Sonar 6 PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP 2010/09/19 00:11:57 (permalink)
    It's the Firewire chipset on your motherboard, I had similar probelms with my laptop.  I gave up lets just say I don't believe Firewire is the way to go for audio interfaces.

Its that presonus uses a DICE II FireWire Chipset and those chipsets are very very picky. Fire is great if you use a non Dice II FW audio sound card, like Motu, Echo, RME, Cakewalk, and M-Audio
    Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    CymrychHugh
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Firestudio Project/Sonar 6 PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP 2010/09/19 16:21:39 (permalink)
    Cj,

You're the man!  Thanks a ton for the help, AGAIN.  The firestudio wasn't syncing today for some reason, so i took out his Dynex (found out it's a firewire 800 card) and put my Pyro 1394a in the pci slot.  The Firestudio synced up, made the changes in Audio, and now we're golden.  Does anyone know if they still make the Pyro 1394a PCI card for laptop slots?  I only can find the the desktop looking slots, and ADS doesn't have any pictures on their website XD.  I'm just trying to get this guy up and running.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1