Anyone using Reaktor's grooveboxes?

Author
adamlewis7609
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 110
2010/09/20 15:32:35 (permalink)

Anyone using Reaktor's grooveboxes?

Hello... I was wondering how to get the sound from a NI Reaktor groovebox into Sonar.  It seems as if when you hit play, it just plays whatever pattern is programmed in the groovebox, but I don't want it playing through my entire project.  Is there a way to "trigger" it?  or do I have to export it to audio and then paste where I need it?

Was wondering if anyone out there can help me?

Thank you,
Adam

1 Reply Related Threads

ba_midi
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14061
    Re:Anyone using Reaktor's grooveboxes? 2010/09/21 00:48:47 (permalink)
    I had this same discussion awhile back.

Here's the solution that I found works for me (though there may be some other solution now with the newest update) ...

I put a MIDI note (any) at the start of the project on its MIDI track and at the end of the project.

Then I freeze the track/synth.   This doesn't control it like a 'start/stop/trigger' but what it does do is give you a track which is the length of your project.    Then you can chop it up as needed.

It's a workaround, but it's an easy one at least.

I have to look over the newest version (5.5.1?) to see if they've added in the ability to simply trigger at will - but I have a feeling they didn't.

PS - the reason for the MIDI note(s) is that, without them the synth won't freeze.  It needs to see some MIDI data in order to freeze.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
    Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
    Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1