Midi sync on the midi track view.

Author
spudhd1
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2010/10/18 13:54:01 (permalink)

Midi sync on the midi track view.

I picked up a copy of Cakewalk 8 and  can get it to take audio with my Delta 1010-no problem.  The problem is when I record midi.  I can get it to record the drum track, but when I try and play along with keyboards, the 2 recordings will be way out of sync.  Not sure what box to click to get them to sync up.  It isn't a latency issue.  It is more of just recording midi so it all locks up.

By the way, I am using a cheap Dell Demension 4600 Pentium 4 with 1 GB of ram.  I only want to record the midi on the computer and then shoot it onto my HDR ,32-8 setup.

Any one tell me what I missed?  There must be a box or something that I need to click off.

Thanks, Tony

3 Replies Related Threads

piano_red
    • Total Posts : 24
    Re:Midi sync on the midi track view. 2010/10/24 09:49:13 (permalink)
    If I understand it, the problem is between Audio and Midi syncing up... if so be sure that  you have run the WAVE PROFILER to get the correct DMA and OFFSET settings.  They can cause Audio and Midi to be out of sync. 

You may also find some useful info on the older versions here:

http://www.cakewalk.com/S...TechnicalDocuments.asp

Good luck,

fwc.

post edited by piano_red - 2010/10/24 09:52:18
    dggjhj
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:Midi sync on the midi track view. 2010/10/25 02:23:56 (permalink)
    Over the last 14 years,RS Gold Playworks has been putting coaches

on hundreds of the most challenging school playgrounds in the nation. We consistently see a return on recess

that pays dividends, not just on the schoolyard, Buy WOW Goldbut in the

classroom as well.More than two-thirds of the 130 Playworks schools surveyed last year

WOW Goldreported reclaiming at least 16 hours of lost instructional

time, with many recovering as much as a full week or more. The value of that reclaimed teaching time more

than pays for the cost of having a recess expert in RuneScape Goldthe

school. And that's just the beginning: WoW Gold online. Teachers report that their kids are more focused in

the classroom, and kids become more physically active.

CorpPunisher
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 57
    Re:Midi sync on the midi track view. 2010/10/25 13:20:12 (permalink)
    I did a different approuch that semmed to work for me.

I needed a drum or click track for timing so I could then record all Audio tracks. When I did the click track, I did it in both Audio and MIDI at the same time. This created two different tracks. One a MIDI track of the Click track and the other an Audio track.

When played back, the click track would either slow down or speed up depending on what internal clock source I tried to use. However it gave perfect timing when I used the recorded Click Audio, the actual recorded waveform, as the timing clock source. I was then able to record all other audio tracks with perfect timing. Since I still had the MIDI track of the click track as well as the Audio, I believe that, as long as you use the Audio Track of the click for clock timing, the MIDI track of the click will also be at the correct time. Either way you should be able to use that clock source for recording MIDI and/or Audio tracks without timing issues.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1