Scoring for Video Games

Author
Robert H
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 38
2010/10/19 16:41:55 (permalink)

Scoring for Video Games

Hey All,

Does anyone know of some decent resources to learn more about the specifics of scoring for games?

Thanks,
Robert

4 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Scoring for Video Games 2010/10/19 19:18:12 (permalink)
    I was thinking  you need to check out www.taxi.com as quite a few of the members actually have songwriting credits in some games.

I went there are looked up a few things for you. Check out these links as a starting place. In addition, join the TAXI forum and look for other writers of game music there. Forum membership is free. Sign up for the industry listings to see what opps are in the current listings....also free to get.

OK here's your links.

1. Jack Wall interview

2. The Game Audio Network Guild   started by Jack to provide a way for aspiring composers to get into this area of music.

Hope this gives you a starting place.....and good luck.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Guitarhacker
    Re:Scoring for Video Games 2010/10/19 19:38:55 (permalink)
    Another thing I forgot.... about TAXI.... last year at the TAXI road rally in LA.... they had a panel discussion with several TAXI members and a couple of guests (IIRC) on this very topic....and they were the guys and gals that were writing for games and getting their music used in that arena.

The rally is members only... but it it FREE to all members... just get there and book your own motel. BTW.... the rally is in LA the first week of November.... still time to get hooked up and booked up.

If you poke around the TAXI site you might be able to find the schedule of this years events and panels...and game music is a big part of the action.

http://www.taxi.com/rally/    ok.. that link doesn't take me to the right page.... so from the drop down browser bar......click on the NEWS> TAXI's Convention...and you're there.

look at the Ballroom panels Nov 6   I did not see any game specific breakouts but there is sure to be something useful in that list.
    post edited by Guitarhacker - 2010/10/19 19:47:23

BMI/NSAI

Robert H
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 38
    Re:Scoring for Video Games 2010/10/19 20:24:40 (permalink)
    Excellent info and links. Thank you.
    Guitarhacker
    Re:Scoring for Video Games 2010/10/20 07:42:43 (permalink)
    happy to be of service

BMI/NSAI

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1