Another computer to host Altiverb?

Author
passenger57
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 434
2010/10/22 13:37:43 (permalink)

Another computer to host Altiverb?

Does anyone know how to setup another computer to host just Altiverb?
I can't use it on my Sonar based 64 bit system - but this would be a great alternative.
cheers!

SONAR 8.5.3 PE (x64)
WINDOWS 7 Pro (64bit)
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9300 2.49 GHZ
EMU 1616m
8 GB Of RAM
ATI RADEON HD 4650 w/ dual monitors
Vienna Ensemble Pro VST
PLAY VST

5 Replies Related Threads

Guitarpima
    Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4125
    Re:Another computer to host Altiverb? 2010/10/22 20:45:10 (permalink)
    There was a program out there called FX Teleport. I'm sure it is still around and it would do what you want it to.

Notation, the original DAW. Everything else is just rote. We are who we are and no more than another. Humans, you people are crazy.

Win 7 x64  X2  Intel DX58SO, Intel i7 920 2.66ghz 12gb DDR3  ASUS ATI EAH5750  650w PSU 4x WD HDs 320gb  DVD, DVD RW Eleven Rack, KRK Rokit 8s and 10s sub
    jimkleban
    Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1319
    Re:Another computer to host Altiverb? 2010/10/22 22:41:45 (permalink)
    Yes, FX teleport is still around but their hasn't been an update for YEARS and I am not sure if it will work bit bridged on a x64 host... I have AV 6 and love it but have since abandoned it until AV7 comes out (supposed x64).  AV7 was announced to be released in the summer of 10 but alas, that date has come and gone.

Once I went x64, I abandoned fxTeleport because when it crashed (quite often), it meant rebooting two machines and this was a real BUZZKILL on the creativity meter.

New you got me going on AV so here is my RANT... 

as good as this program is, their FORUM is mostly DEAD with most people asking when AV7 will be out and getting the same answer from ARAM (whatever his name is) saying, SOON.  This reminds me of Melodyne DNA, so I am being patient.  Until then, I am using PERFECT SPACE and generic IRs but I really can't wait for the true stereo IRs of AV7 so I can use AV again.

I had AV somewhat working on the x64 machine, but determined that it was the one plugin that was causing the occasional crash.. since abandoning AV, I have had very few crash issues with SONAR using the rest of my plugin tools.

Jim

The Lamb Laid Down on MIDI
    www.lldom.com

Studio Cat Custom i7 with Thunderbolt (wonderful system built and configured by our own Jim R)
    Apollo Duo (via TB)
    UAD Quad
    UAD Duo
    WIN 8.1 x64 with 32 GB Ram
    4 SSD for programs and sample libraries
    Splat (latest version)
    CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    Re:Another computer to host Altiverb? 2010/10/22 23:45:47 (permalink)
    Your better off petitioning Altiverb to get on board with 64bit. I dont see why everyone isnt 64bit ready now. Its been years and it seems like a very very few give a crap about getting their software working in 64bit
    Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    passenger57
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 434
    Re:Another computer to host Altiverb? 2010/10/23 00:53:43 (permalink)
    I got Altiverb working on my 64 bit system by running 32bit Sonar. My mixes and orchestra never sounded better. However I was plagued by occasional 'clicks' in the audio that caused me so much trouble fixing and stressing out about. Man what a tease! Now I have to go back to more generic reverbs and it bums me out especially after shelling out the $500 for Altiverb. 
    So I'll have to wait for v7 as well. I'm also looking in the the VSL convolution Reverb and MIR but it looks like you need a super computer just to run it. 
    I have Reverberate which works but I can't get it to sound as good as Aliverb and its not as user friendly. 

SONAR 8.5.3 PE (x64)
    WINDOWS 7 Pro (64bit)
    Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9300 2.49 GHZ
    EMU 1616m
    8 GB Of RAM
    ATI RADEON HD 4650 w/ dual monitors
    Vienna Ensemble Pro VST
    PLAY VST
    andypanda
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 151
    Re:Another computer to host Altiverb? 2011/01/10 15:46:01 (permalink)
    I love the sound of Altiverb but just haven't been able to get it to work reliably in 64 bit Sonar and even in 32bit it is a real pain.   I had given up on it completely because it will so often crash my session - I don't think it plays well with my other plugs.

Here is a trick that allows me to use it, though it is extra work - I'll save my project BEFORE I load altiverb (because once it has been loaded I can't successfully exit the project without a crash).   Then I get the reverb bus sounding the way I want - solo it and export the audio to a wav file (just the reverb).  Exit the project (it crashes).  Load it up again without altiverb and pull the wav file in on a new track and mix the reverb to suit.  Total Kludge, I know, but it allows me to use the Altiverb when nothing else will get me the sound I want.   
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1