VS-700C Branch mode problem !!!!!!

Author
sarmad_dehnadi
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 84
2010/10/24 02:06:17 (permalink)

VS-700C Branch mode problem !!!!!!

Hello there

It's about six months that I am using VS-700 console along with Sonar 8.5.3 and WINDOWS 7 64bit ultimate. The problem from the first day was that in branch mode it's not possible to create a send for the track 9 and above. In other words the branch mod just works for the first 8 tracks. First I thought this is to a driver/firmware issue but now after upgrading the firmware to nad driver to the most current version and installing a fresh WINDOWS I still have the same problem.

Have you guys had the same problem? What should I do?

A specialized studio for mixing and mastering music
www.sdrecords.ir

4 Replies Related Threads

sarmad_dehnadi
    Re:VS-700C Branch mode problem !!!!!! 2010/10/25 07:09:26 (permalink)

Hello ......Is there any body out there !!!????

I just have channel branch mode for the first 8 tracks and from track 9 to the end it enters the branch mode but does not work at all ?

Why? How can I fix it?

www.sdrecords.ir

Jeff Evans
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5139
    Re:VS-700C Branch mode problem !!!!!! 2010/10/25 09:40:02 (permalink)
    Hi there sarmad_dehnadi Have you got the pdf manual called the 'The Sonar V700 Control Surface' It is a further 94 page document on the updates to the V 700C commands. It includes channel branch mode operation. If you do not I can email this to you.

It states that channel branch mode is only available for tracks. On page 85 of that manual it states ' To Switch Tracks while in Channel Branch Mode - Press the FADER BANK buttons. How are you selecting tracks now?

Try coming out of Channel Branch Mode and select say track 11. (use BANK button obviously to get to next bank) Now go back into Channel Branch mode again. (Hold ALT and press the channel SEL button) You should be in channel branch mode now for track 11. 

It is probably a good idea to go into it and come out of it. Then you know you are definately back to normal operation. If you forgot you were in channel branch mode things could be confusing.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
    sarmad_dehnadi
    Re:VS-700C Branch mode problem !!!!!! 2010/10/26 01:28:38 (permalink)
    Hi Jeff

Thank for trying to help.  The scenario is this:

Imagine in my project I have defined 5 auxiliary buss and imagine I have 15 audio tracks. Now I want to insert a send ON track 1, I simply ALT +SEL(for track1) and enter the CHANNEL BRANCH mode then by pushing SEL on strip 2 , I can select the destination buss for this send. every thing is OK

Now I want to insert a send on track 9(secend fader bank) I do the same thing and I enter the Branch mode for track 9 But when I push the SEL on the first empty strip to choose the destination buss, nothing will show.

By the way I don't have that PDF you mentioned.    

www.sdrecords.ir

sarmad_dehnadi
    Re:VS-700C Branch mode problem !!!!!! 2010/11/06 02:14:35 (permalink)
    Come on..., I just want to know if any one else experiences the same problem.

www.sdrecords.ir

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1