Exported WAV sounds distorted in mc.

Author
B Sharp
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2010/10/31 05:50:40 (permalink)

Exported WAV sounds distorted in mc.

Hello, just joined, glad to be here.

I'm using an older version of Music Creator, (Ver. 2), with XP and Realtek audio on-board. I'm no expert, and never will be, but I do get the general gist of the App.

The problem I'm having is this: when I record a midi track to WAV, and then export the WAV file, it plays back scratchy and distorted. Even when I crank down the volume on my old Roland, and also the volume and gain  in the track pane, it doesn't help.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Can anybody help?

Thanks.

4 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:Exported WAV sounds distorted in mc. 2010/10/31 10:29:17 (permalink)
    hi B Sharp, or can I just call you "C"?

we'll need a little more information about your process.  are you sending your MIDI track out to the Roland and then sending the audio from the roland back into the project on an AUDIO track and recording it that way?

if so, that's a good way to do it, but if you're hearing popping and stuttering then you probably are experiencing a latency problem with your onboard soundcard.  if that's the case, go to OPTIONS>AUDIO and try to change your driver mode to WASAPI if it's available.  if it's not you can google ASIO4ALL, download and install it, then change your driver mode to ASIO.

the best option, however, is going to be to get a "recording" sound card instead of using your onboard realtek.  they're not made for real recording software and will cause you problems like this (among others).  look at my website for some soundcard recommendations.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    B Sharp
    Re:Exported WAV sounds distorted in mc. 2010/10/31 18:19:57 (permalink)
    Beagle

hi B Sharp, or can I just call you "C"?  

Haha, I was going to call myself The Note That Wasn't There, but that would be too long to quote.
    we'll need a little more information about your process.  are you sending your MIDI track out to the Roland and then sending the audio from the roland back into the project on an AUDIO track and recording it that way?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing.
    if so, that's a good way to do it, but if you're hearing popping and stuttering then you probably are experiencing a latency problem with your onboard soundcard.  if that's the case, go to OPTIONS>AUDIO and try to change your driver mode to WASAPI if it's available.  if it's not you can google ASIO4ALL, download and install it, then change your driver mode to ASIO.

Thanks, Beagle, I'll try that.

the best option, however, is going to be to get a "recording" sound card instead of using your onboard realtek.  they're not made for real recording software and will cause you problems like this (among others).  look at my website for some soundcard recommendations.

And I'll do that, too. Thanks again. 

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:Exported WAV sounds distorted in mc. 2010/10/31 18:33:05 (permalink)

good luck, let us know how it goes.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    B Sharp
    Re:Exported WAV sounds distorted in mc. 2010/10/31 18:56:36 (permalink)
    Worked a treat, Beagle. Thanks very much for your advice.

Might still look at getting a better sound card one day, all the same.

Cheers.

B.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1