PC-> RME FF800 -> Sonar issue

Author
Paul Secondino
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 91
2010/11/02 13:10:39 (permalink)

PC-> RME FF800 -> Sonar issue

Hi guys.
  My DAW sat unused for about 6 months but always worked really great . After the hiatus, I installed Sonar 8.5  and everything seems fine so I don't think i have a software problem there.

However, it seems like when teh PC  starts  up, I lose the FF800 . The red "host" light turns off .If I shut down the PC, the red "host" light comes back on. And this happens about 50% of the time. I just checked all the connections and everything is tight .I'm going to take apart the computer case and blow out everything.

Has this ever happened to you ? Any suggestions ?

2 Replies Related Threads

ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    Re:PC-> RME FF800 -> Sonar issue 2010/11/02 17:36:54 (permalink)
    Paul Secondino

Hi guys.
    My DAW sat unused for about 6 months but always worked really great . After the hiatus, I installed Sonar 8.5  and everything seems fine so I don't think i have a software problem there.

However, it seems like when teh PC  starts  up, I lose the FF800 . The red "host" light turns off .If I shut down the PC, the red "host" light comes back on. And this happens about 50% of the time. I just checked all the connections and everything is tight .I'm going to take apart the computer case and blow out everything.

Has this ever happened to you ? Any suggestions ?

Might check to see if there is an update for your firewire card driver or at least uninstall and reinstall it. If it's a card might try a different slot if one is available. Also, search the microsoft site and see if there are any firewire updates or QBs for Windows. Or make sure you have the latest service pack for your version of Windows.

zippsinc
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 456
    Re:PC-> RME FF800 -> Sonar issue 2010/11/02 18:45:17 (permalink)
    Hi there

I'm not sure about the FF800 but my MultifaceII's Host LED only remains lit of there is an error. The FF800 manual says that the the FF800 uses the Host LED for the same purpose.

If the Host LED goes off at the exact same time as Total Mix and the RME Control Panel load into your system tray then this is okay. Your gear should work. If the host light remains lit after this and beyond then this may be a firewire connection problem of some kind.

My Host LED stayed on when I tried to use an firewire active repeater cable to increase the length of my cable run from MultifaceII to PC. The folks at the RME forum told me that this was a no no. They would be best placed to help you with this.

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/

Stewart

Sonar X1d Producer/Pro Tools 9 - Win7 64bit - i7 930 2.8GHz - 6GB DDR3 RAM - RME MultifaceII - RND Portico 5012 & 5016 - Sytek MPX-4Aii - UAD2 Duo/Solo - MoFET76 - API 2500 - Dbx 160x (x2) - Dbx 166 (old revision) - FMR RNC (x2)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1