Advice on a subwoofer for my vs 700 set up .

Author
Norrie
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1665
2010/11/02 19:39:10 (permalink)

Advice on a subwoofer for my vs 700 set up .

Hi all!!!!

Ive been thinking for a while now about geting a small subwoofer for my home studio the room isnt very big.

The one big down side to all of this is I havent got a lot of money Ive used almost everything I have to set up my home studio to the standard it is at the moment.

So with that said and house hold bills comeing in I have a limit of what I think will be about £60 -£100 at the very most. ( I know this is not a lot of money and I dout I will get something at this price).

The monitors I am useing are Tapco s5's ( made by mackie but have been discontinued).

You can read a review about them here http://www.soundonsound.c...4/articles/tapcos5.htm

I like them and cant really fault them they are doing me well but as the review here says "Clearly there must be compromises with a monitor of this size and cost — the bass end drops away quite rapidly below the traditional kick-drum frequencies, the overall 'focus' isn't quite the equal of expensive monitors, and the maximum SPL is lower — but there are no compromises so serious that you can't make great mixes on them"

I have noticed this a lot recently  ( I use a roland td20 and also use superior drummer 2 but have noticed the lack of feeling in the kick drum ) I have been doing some jams with my bass player friend once I have a ruff mix of the two of us I will take it to my other computer that has a cheep set of creative speekers with a subwoofer and the first thing I can see a difference is the kick drum just hits you and the bass is pounding (this is just from a cheep sub like i was saying)

So I am hopeing to find somehting I can use and pick up very cheep that will at least give me a bit more of lets say a thump and a kick up the arse

I have seen this http://www.richersounds.c...rumble/elta-rumble-blk

Its chee but looks like it could do the job

I have no idea if I could set this up with my vs 700 or with my tapcos so I am looking for some advice or some one to tell me yes it will or no it wont.

Even if some one could point me in the direction of something in my price range I could get I will by it straight away  It would have to be from a UK shop / suplyer though

I hope some one can help me with this

I dont just want a sub for mixing I spend a lot of time just relaxing in my studio listening to music so would be nice to have it for that reason aswell.

Thanks to every one who reads this and I am sorry about the long email and I hope I have explained my self as best I can

Thanks to every one

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
Pro Tools 11
Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
Adam A77x
i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1