Lost Sonitus:fx User Presets with 8.5 PE Install

Author
MarlboroMan23
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 776
2010/11/07 01:18:23 (permalink)

Lost Sonitus:fx User Presets with 8.5 PE Install

After installing Sonar 8.5 PE all my user presets from the Sonitus:fx are gone.  I had saved them with the Sonitus internal preset management function.  Now if I run Sonar 8 and load older songs that used my presets the settings for the plugins are correct but no user presets are listed.  Any ideas?

most authors of novels regarded as classics are dead, classic novels are, therefore, most likely to be written by dead people.
http://www.soundclick.com/opaquesounds

4 Replies Related Threads

martin s
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 750
    Re:Lost Sonitus:fx User Presets with 8.5 PE Install 2010/11/07 12:54:20 (permalink)
    have you tried re-import your presets using the sonitus preset-manager? to see if your "custom" preset
    came on listed?

Roland VS-1824,SONAR 5 std,RHODENTK mic,m-audio2496,YamahaHS50M,Asrock4coredualsata2,core2duo@2.40gig E4500,2.GOddr2 ram
    HD WDC for OS 120gig,HD seagate 250gig for audio,video N-VIDIA G-8400gs-xp pro.

terrygamwells 0114
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Lost Sonitus:fx User Presets with 8.5 PE Install 2017/03/17 10:29:21 (permalink)
    Sonitus fx :
    Why can't i review effects from the drop down menu? all I'm getting is (default) [1 default]
    I know i can access them via preset manager, but all the YouTube tutorials show the effects being chosen
    from the drop down menu the simple way! haha  I've just purchased sonar professional  and looking to configure 

the software  for ease of use, i don't want to be distracted when inspiration strikes! any help would be most appreciated.         
    chuckebaby
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re: Lost Sonitus:fx User Presets with 8.5 PE Install 2017/03/17 10:45:36 (permalink)
    hi, can you be more specific ? which Sonitus plug in are you referring to.
    Theses plug ins are older but still work great, but some of the plug ins have multiple drop down menus.
    make sure your saving your presets in the correct drop down menu. Also some of these presets you are seeing on You tube could be user saved presets.

PS- Welcome to the forum

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
    Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
    Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

terrygamwells 0114
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Lost Sonitus:fx User Presets with 8.5 PE Install 2017/03/17 15:01:31 (permalink)
    Hi, Thanks chuckebaby (that feel a little bit strange!) the sonitus i was referring to is the reverb but the same thing is happening with all the sonitus effects, so I'm obviously doing something wrong i thought presets were just that.....presets,  pick a preset from the drop down menu change a few parameters  a bit of jiggery-pokery and the jobs a good'un...silly me. in my own defense  I have  used sonar in the past but clearly must have been set up by the musician's I was working with very easy to use and  great fun. Which why i bought sonar professional in the first place, so as i said in the earlier post  I can access the effects by going into the preset on the right hand side of sonitus i then get a drop down box with...Add Preset... Update Preset... Preset Manager...  and below them    Aux Bus    Sonitus:fx  Now this is going to seem  clear as day to everyone out there
    but not to me!! I thought i could go to the top left hand corner hit the rectangular box  drop down menu pick a reverb  Big Blue / Large Hall  / Outer Space  but it  doesn't seem that simple!   So I'm going to try very hard  to suppress my Luddite tendency's AND GIVE IT ONE MORE TRY  if not, it's an analogue death for me my trusty Revox B77 chained to my neck  and a short step off London Bridge. Thanks for your info chuckebaby (still can't get use to that haha)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1