UA-25 EX Not working properly anymore on Mac OSX 10.6

Author
AndrewG
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2010/11/07 07:17:57 (permalink)

UA-25 EX Not working properly anymore on Mac OSX 10.6

Hi,

Just registered with the forum to see if anyone can help.
I bought the Cakewalk UA-25 EX in May of this year and have been using it fine till Friday morning. 
Starting the Mac up on Friday I noticed the sound was completely distorted in Logic. I quit the program, did a restart and check the rest of the Mac. I noticed the volume control (using the keyboard) did not work anymore. I now get this icon:

I checked the configuration and UA-25 EX was selected fine for input and output. I tried to reinstall the driver but this didn't seem to work. I didn't have much time on Friday so left it till yesterday. I followed the driver uninstallation and installation instructions a bit more precise and great it was working again. Started the IMac up this morning and now it's the same problem.  Did the driver uninstall and reinstall procedure (exactly same way I did it on Saturday with the device unplugged) and this does not work anymore either.

The weird thing about this is it looks almost as if it is software rather than hardware but since there are no driver updates what can I do???

I have a high spec 2009 Imac I5 running Logic and lots of software instruments and plugins and they are all legit.
post edited by AndrewG - 2010/11/07 07:20:04

3 Replies Related Threads

Chappel
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2300
    Re:UA-25 EX Not working properly anymore on Mac OSX 10.6 2010/11/07 07:28:51 (permalink)
    Did you change the sample rate on the Audio Interface or in the software? You might try unplugging the device while the computer is on, rebooting and plugging it back in.
    AndrewG
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:UA-25 EX Not working properly anymore on Mac OSX 10.6 2010/11/07 08:04:01 (permalink)
    Chappel

Did you change the sample rate on the Audio Interface or in the software? You might try unplugging the device while the computer is on, rebooting and plugging it back in.

Thanks so much for your quick reply and suggestions.

I unplugged, switched to advanced driver (God knows why it wasn't on there!), replugged and it seems fine now, even after a reboot.
    Hope it keeps working! 

Thanks again.
    Chappel
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2300
    Re:UA-25 EX Not working properly anymore on Mac OSX 10.6 2010/11/07 09:46:22 (permalink)
    AndrewG

I unplugged, switched to advanced driver (God knows why it wasn't on there!), replugged and it seems fine now, even after a reboot.
    Hope it keeps working! 

Thanks again.

The advanced driver being off may have been the culprit. When it is off the unit defaults to your operating system's audio sample rate and if that isn't the same as your project there will definitely be problems.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1