Midi Drum loops... The best place to get them?

Author
Norrie
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1665
2010/11/12 20:39:25 (permalink)

Midi Drum loops... The best place to get them?

Hi all

I am not sure if this is the right place to put this or not if its not then I am sorry

Ok so I am a drummer

I normaly play all my drum parts from My Roland TD20 to trigger the sounds of Toontracks superior drummer 2 and metal foundry NY Studio etc....

Recenty though I have taken a notion to siting back and wanting to just relax in the chair and use some midi grooves....

Yes I know thats lazzy but I do it mostly at night when I cant be playing the drums.

With that said I never program drums that I cant actualy play in real life I just feel its wrong of me as a drummer to do such a thing :)

So anyway.....

The Toontrack products are awesome and also come with a bunch of pre set midi files aswell that are all actualy really good and you can buy more from there site.

I have also been useing loads of the ones from Sonar the steven slate ones for example.

I was wondering whats every one else useing as midi grooves with out actualy playing them ?

I have loads between toontrack and the sonar ones but any one who is like me will know what I meen when I say I always want more of something :P

I dont have the first idea what sites to use to down load from and I dont want to download from any dodgy site so if any one could tell me of any places they have used ?

Also is there any free midi grooves kicking about or do they all have to be payed for ? Thats not an issue as I dont mind paying.

The style I am looking for is mostly rock / heavy rock / pop rock/ prog rock/ and yup you guessed it more rock..... Some metal styles aswell would be kinda cool aswell but basicaly anything rock :P

Haha sorry for the way I explained that there its geting late here and I am in one of them moods :P

Thanks for any help pointing me in the right direction :)

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
Pro Tools 11
Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
Adam A77x
i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz

5 Replies Related Threads

Ozz
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 332
    Re:Midi Drum loops... The best place to get them? 2010/11/13 05:56:21 (permalink)
    There's a whole bunch of places....

And a number of them have free "samples" as well.

Groove monkee has a large selection of loops and some free downloads to try them out.

Oddgrooves also has a bunch of stuff in both standard and "odd" timings.... I've purchased a few packs from them (mostly in 4/4) and enjoy them.  They also have free grooves you can try out as well.

There are others as well....do a search on this site, as there have been a number of threads related to this topic.

Hope this helps!

Sonar Platinum, Win 10 Pro 64, Intel i7 4770K, 16GB DDR3 1600, 1 x 250GB SSD, 2 x 2TB SATA, Roland OctaCapture, Roland XP-30 (Controller only), Shure KSM-44, Rode NT-1, Shure SM57, Numerous Guitar Amp sims, Komplete 6/7, Alchemy, Custom built guitar, Carvin Amplifiers.
    Norrie
    Re:Midi Drum loops... The best place to get them? 2010/11/13 13:33:18 (permalink)
    Thanks for the help man I will check it all out :)

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    gustabo
    Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2591
    Re:Midi Drum loops... The best place to get them? 2010/11/13 15:04:34 (permalink)
    Don't you hate when a signature is twice or three times as long as a post?

Cakewalk by Bandlab - Win10 Pro x64 - StudioCat Platinum Studio DAW - 32 GB Ram - MOTU UltraLite-mk3
    M-Audio Keystation 88ES - Akai MPD26 (hot-rodded) - Alesis DM10 - a few guitars, a few amps
    Novation Launch Control - Korg nanoKONTROL2 - PreSonus FaderPort - DAW Remote HD on iPad
    Adam A7X - Behritone C50A
    PreSonus Monitor Station v2 (controlling the mons)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/sonarusergroup/

Norrie
    Re:Midi Drum loops... The best place to get them? 2010/11/13 17:05:17 (permalink)
    Haha yeah I keep meening to sort that out :P

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Dave Modisette
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11050
    Re:Midi Drum loops... The best place to get them? 2010/11/13 20:05:17 (permalink)
    Check out the Platinum Samples Steve Ferrone midi grooves.  Excellent, down to earth grooves set up in song format.  Great feel.

Dave Modisette ... rocks a Purrrfect Audio Studio Pro rig.

http://www.gatortraks.com 
    My music.
    ... And of course, the Facebook page. 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1