gtpro.exe has stopped working...help please

Author
DCars537
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2010/11/13 10:45:21 (permalink)

gtpro.exe has stopped working...help please

So as of yesterday everything on my Guitar Tracks Pro 3 was working fine.  Today I open the program and a project, and hit "play" and it freezes and this prompt comes up saying "gtpro.exe has stopped working and needs to close".  And then the program crashes...

I have already tried restarting, recovery, and re-installing GT Pro 3.  Nothing seems to be helping.  Whats odd is that is is not true for all projects.  I have one or two projects that are just one track and they seem to be working fine.  When I try to open a project file by clicking on it outside the program it says "there was a problem sending the command to the program"...GT Pro opens and so does the tracks, but when I click play it crashes again.

So I am at a loss and really dont have any idea whats going on.  Help anyone? 

Thank you. 

- David. 

4 Replies Related Threads

Jamz0r
    Max Output Level: -58 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1725
    Re:gtpro.exe has stopped working...help please 2010/11/13 12:28:14 (permalink)
    Are you using a plugin in the project that you haven't used in the other projects that work?

oldrasputin
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:gtpro.exe has stopped working...help please 2013/12/02 16:57:52 (permalink)
    I'm having the exact same problem.  Mine was working fine and then one day when I tried to play a project I got "Guitar Tracks has stopped working and needs to close, etc".  Since then it will occasionally play or even record, but usually I get the error message.  It seems very strange since it will work sometimes (though very rarely) and not others.

It happened right after a Windows update, but that could be a coincidence.  I've tried it with Guitar Tracks Pro and GTP3 with identical results.  Could it be a RAM issue? (although I've checked to see how much is being used and it doesn't spike significantly when GTP is running) I have 4 gigs, all which the computer apparently sees...

Any insight into this problem would be tremendously appreciated.  It's been driving me crazy for months!

-Mike
    oldrasputin
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:gtpro.exe has stopped working...help please 2013/12/02 17:05:01 (permalink)
    Also, I've just noticed that in GTP3 I can record a single track (and play it back).  I can even record a second one if I do so while the first is muted.  But if I want to play both tracks back together, it crashes.  If I try to record one while another is playing, it crashes.  Any more than a single track playing or recording is apparently too much for it.  Or at least that's the mood it's in today.  Somtimes it flat out refuses to play anything.
    RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    Re:gtpro.exe has stopped working...help please 2013/12/03 11:17:56 (permalink)
    It's possible the Windows update messed with your sound card drivers. Wouldn't be the first time this has happened.
    Have you tried re-installing your sound card drivers?

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1