file

Author
poolboy1
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10
2010/11/14 13:12:43 (permalink)

file

Where is the file "Music_Creator_Demo.cwp". As you can guess I'm new.  So far I do not like this Music Creator 5 software.
However I was impressed with the remarks made after the  offensive remarks I made about this software. 
The answers made by you folks were very nice. You could have blasted me, but you didn't and that shows that you have made this trip down this road and understand quite well where new folks are, in trying to understand this software. Thanks are in order to you all.    

4 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:file 2010/11/14 14:20:37 (permalink)
    I don't know what comments you made before, especially since the forum reports that this is your first post (maybe you changed logins?)

but the demo files have to be downloaded from here:
    http://www.cakewalk.com/owners/musiccreator5/tutorials.asp

make sure you have updated your MC5 with the 5.05 update also.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=1931430

welcome to the forum and yes, most of us "old timers" have been here helping people for a while.  if you need more help, let us know.

make sure you do the tutorials in the help files and watch the tutorial videos - here are some:

http://www.cakewalk.com/owners/musiccreator5/video-tutorials.asp

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    57Gregy
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re:file 2010/11/14 21:15:24 (permalink)
    I can agree that the ads are a little exagerrated, but I was in fact making music within 30 minutes of installing MC 2003 way back in 2002. Then came hardware issues...
    I did have a little recording experience using tape, but a lot of the terminology used in MC and other DAWs was alien to me. Took some reading and asking questions here to understand (most of) it.
    Plus, I was a new computer user back then which really could have hampered my understanding of MC. Fortunately, my brother is a computer programmer and helped a lot. He even bought Home Studio 4 not long after I got MC.
    So, ask if you need to know something.
    We seldom give the RTFM response, although RTFM will help you immensely.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    RobertB
    • Total Posts : 11256
    Re:file 2010/11/14 22:19:40 (permalink)
    What these guys said.
    I think it's fair to say that most of us felt way over our heads when we started this. I know I was. I has zero recording experience.
    Well, running a 7" open reel tape recorder years ago, but that doesn't come close.
    Read the help files. Really, it will help.
    Ask questions.
    Push buttons and try stuff.
    Don't be afraid to blow a few projects.
    And if you are pulling your hair out, step away from it for a while.
    Walk the dog, wash your car, re-shingle the roof.
    Clear your head.
    Things start to click. It happens at a different pace for all of us, but it happens.
    Once the pieces fall into place, it does indeed get very easy, at least the fundamentals.
    In spite of the advertising, this can be challenging , but incredibly rewarding.
    Dig in, and enjoy the ride.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:file 2010/11/15 08:10:10 (permalink)
    I agree. read the manual, try to work through some AUDIO demo's first, and remember that there is a learning curve with this hobby, the length of which is determined by you.

It took me almost 2 weeks to get the audio working (hardware and software settings issues) and get a handle on just the most basic stuff. Now, after 3 years, I can easily record stuff, bit I still have not worked through ALL the things in this simple MC4 DAW..... there are things I have never used, and in some cases, was not even aware that MC4 did or had that function.

It's a continual process of learning and experimenting. Some of the best things I have learned were learned as a result of an experiment. (Wonder what will happen if I do this" sort of thing.

I think for the first two or three months after getting started, I did not really try to record a song. I simply played around, trying things, seeing how it all worked, and becoming familiar with the whole process. Even today, when I buy a new audio FX or a new synth, I will stop working on my projects and spend a few days or so becoming acquainted with the features in the new "toy" so that I know how it works and then I will use it in a project.

So... cast off the bow lines, unfurl the sails, feel the wind and the sea mist in your face........ uhhhhh wait....better yet, just turn on the DAW, have the manual handy, and work through some things..... come here and ask questions if you get stumped...at least with the music you won't get sea sick.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1