ARX version mismatch...

Author
Dyonight
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 529
2010/11/16 00:59:28 (permalink)

ARX version mismatch...

Hi!

Strange things are happening with my ARX drum card.

First I made all my updates, everything is ver. 1.30, cpu, dsp and fantom vs.

I was using the board and it was working ok... I mean I could not change settings and have the sound change accordingly but the midi was playing the default patch.  I could audition the patches changes when stopped but as soon I press play everything return to default...

Anyway, I was working this way waiting to have time to figure out what was happening and tonight, the board stopped completely showing me the following window (see attachment)...

I tryed to close and re-open Sonar and this appear again.

Maybe four things to know:

1. I use Windows 7 x64
2. I have installed the Fantom hotfix
3. When I've done the 700R DSP,CPU, Fantom VS firmware update, I did not removed the ARX card while doing so...
4. I record at 96khz

Anyone experienced something similar? Or have any idea where should I start?

Any help is more than welcome!

Attached Image(s)

1 Reply Related Threads

Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 1067
    Re:ARX version mismatch... 2010/11/19 10:21:03 (permalink)
    Dyonight

Hi!

Strange things are happening with my ARX drum card.

First I made all my updates, everything is ver. 1.30, cpu, dsp and fantom vs.

I was using the board and it was working ok... I mean I could not change settings and have the sound change accordingly but the midi was playing the default patch.  I could audition the patches changes when stopped but as soon I press play everything return to default...

Anyway, I was working this way waiting to have time to figure out what was happening and tonight, the board stopped completely showing me the following window (see attachment)...

I tryed to close and re-open Sonar and this appear again.

Maybe four things to know:

1. I use Windows 7 x64
    2. I have installed the Fantom hotfix
    3. When I've done the 700R DSP,CPU, Fantom VS firmware update, I did not removed the ARX card while doing so...
    4. I record at 96khz

Anyone experienced something similar? Or have any idea where should I start?

Any help is more than welcome!

Hi Dyonight,

I know we discussed this between ourselves but I wanted to provide an answer to other onlookers who may be wondering what this error message is all about.

The attached error message appears when the ARX editor is scanned by SONAR's VST plug-in scanner but there is no physical ARX hardware present. The editor cannot open without the hardware, resulting in this error message. More information can be found at http://www.cakewalk.com/s...eader.aspx?ID=20090430

We were able to resolve this by reinserting the ARX Expansion Card in Dyonight's VS-700R but if you run into this error and you do not own an ARX card it is probably simply a result of installing the ARX Editor by accident. See the above article for more info on getting rid of this message.

Ryan Munnis
    Cakewalk
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1