Pulling my hair out/J-bridge won't stay checked

Author
steven mc.
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 23
2010/11/17 04:30:09 (permalink)

Pulling my hair out/J-bridge won't stay checked

I searched all I could on the topic and I think my problem is unique. I've spent 7+ hours on this and I'm thinking of installing 32-sonar just to use Waves.
I own Waves silver bundle and recently upgraded to Sonar 8.5 and built a New DAW to work in 64-bit. I bought the download of J-bridge.
My Waves plugins show up in Cakewalk plugin manager as expected, but when I click the checkbox "load using J-bridge wrapper" in the plugin properties, the checkbox does check, but If I click "OK" and re-open the same plugin's properties, the Box is unchecked. I've reinstalled waves and J-bridge in everyorder and combination I can think of, plus restarted the the computer at random steps. I've also tryed to get the plugin's to work using the J-bridge.eve and creating a waveshell outside of Sonar but that didn't work, the plugins show a error when I load. the Box "load using J-bridge wrapper" will not remain checked. the Waves plugins show up in my plugin menu under "J-bridged Waves" and I can see them all, but when I load one it says improperly installed. I think this is because i cannot keep the checkbox checked in plugin properties.  (Waves load in 32-bit fruity loops)
HELP! any Idea's at all? 

post edited by steven mc. - 2010/11/17 04:44:24

4 Replies Related Threads

Danny Danzi
    • Total Posts : 5810
    Re:Pulling my hair out/J-bridge won't stay checked 2010/11/17 07:46:20 (permalink)
    Steven, I don't even need J-Bridge to make Waves plugs work on Sonar 64. Did you try them with Bit Bridge that comes stock with Sonar? The only things I use J-Bridge for these days are a few 3rd party plugs I'm working on as a beta tester. Everything else that supposedly wouldn't work in Sonar 64 for me, works perfectly without J-Bridge and I use the Waves Mercury bundle here. No problems at all other than I have to open a plug 2 times to see the GUI...which is a common problem with Waves VST's even in 32 bit Sonar. Try it for the heck of it without J-Bridge and see if you can make them work. If you can't, I'm sure some of the folks here might be able to sort you out. I've never had a problem with my J-Bridge so I can't tell you where to even begin. Sorry. :(

My Site
    Fractal Audio Endorsed Artist & Beta Tester
    yorolpal
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13829
    Re:Pulling my hair out/J-bridge won't stay checked 2010/11/17 09:08:03 (permalink)
    +1.  Use BitBridge.  I've got several Waves products and they all run fine under BitBridge.

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
    https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
    Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
    steven mc.
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 23
    Re:Pulling my hair out/J-bridge won't stay checked 2010/11/17 21:02:24 (permalink)
    Wow- I got it working FINALLY last night, Thank God, I don't even know what I did, It just must have been the order in which I did something. Anyway, they are loading now- BUT- weird, now that you mention it, they aren't even using J-bridge! they must have finally decided to load with bit-bridge. anyone wanna buy J-bridge from me? ha.
    gustabo
    Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2591
    Re:Pulling my hair out/J-bridge won't stay checked 2010/11/17 21:22:12 (permalink)
    Hold on to it, may be real handy when you least expect it and at the price it sells for, well worth it!

Cakewalk by Bandlab - Win10 Pro x64 - StudioCat Platinum Studio DAW - 32 GB Ram - MOTU UltraLite-mk3
    M-Audio Keystation 88ES - Akai MPD26 (hot-rodded) - Alesis DM10 - a few guitars, a few amps
    Novation Launch Control - Korg nanoKONTROL2 - PreSonus FaderPort - DAW Remote HD on iPad
    Adam A7X - Behritone C50A
    PreSonus Monitor Station v2 (controlling the mons)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/sonarusergroup/

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1