The X1 product family

Author
munmun
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1319
2010/11/17 16:59:28 (permalink)

The X1 product family

One interesting development is that Sonar Home Studio is now essentially the same product (same interface, etc) as the next two levels up.  The next levels just have more bells and whistles.  This clearly streamlines CW's development resources as they now have to work on one platform as opposed to 2.  I wonder what this means for the future.  Will the focus on one platform mean more goodies in any given upgrade?  Shorter upgrade cycle?  Layoffs in Cake's HQ?

3 Replies Related Threads

A1MixMan
    Max Output Level: -58 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1706
    Re:The X1 product family 2010/11/17 19:29:51 (permalink)
    Maybe better all around software. Now they can focus on one product and make it the best it can be. Plus it makes it easy to upgrade for the customer, as they already know the product. Win win.

A1
    SongCraft
    Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3902
    Re:The X1 product family 2010/11/17 20:47:23 (permalink)

Feburary 25, 2009 . . Quote:
    I would like to see CW continue to improve the stability of SONAR and to reduce the developers work by reducing the SONAR series (Editions) and basically keeping them all with the same GUI and core functionality.

See original post here

-

What I want to know about X1 . . for example;

. Better overall improved functionality (bugs cleaned up)? ,
    . Better overall performance (further optimizations)?
    . How good are the new workflows implemented?,
    . Improvements to working with envelopes?
    . Are the Smart-Tools actually easier to use?
    . Does the ProChannel sound great?
    . Is the new UI clearer, easier to read text, parameters?

If the answer is YES to all above, then X1 will be a huge success.

So far from what CW has posted/replied to on the forums, and from what I've seen (videos & pics), I think the future is looking very promising for X1 :)

Anyway I hope so, because I will be upgrading by March 23 (my Birthday)!

-

RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    Re:The X1 product family 2010/11/17 21:09:16 (permalink)
    munmun

One interesting development is that Sonar Home Studio is now essentially the same product (same interface, etc) as the next two levels up.  The next levels just have more bells and whistles.  This clearly streamlines CW's development resources as they now have to work on one platform as opposed to 2.  I wonder what this means for the future.  Will the focus on one platform mean more goodies in any given upgrade?  Shorter upgrade cycle?  Layoffs in Cake's HQ?

Up through SHS6 (as well as Music Creator 4) the interface was common to Sonar. It was easy to help people across the whole spectrum, because of the commonality.
    With SHS7 and MC5, the interface changed radically.
    I understand the principle, but always questioned it.
    I really like the idea of bringing SHS back into the fold (as X1 Essentials).
    And I sincerely hope that no one at Cakewalk is looking at being laid off.
    having recently experienced that, I wouldn't wish it on anybody.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1