Infinite Sustain with Rapture/Dimension Pro and Cubase

Author
strictly audio
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2010/11/19 13:33:43 (permalink)

Infinite Sustain with Rapture/Dimension Pro and Cubase

Hello, Looking for help with using Rapture and Dimension Pro in Cubase. The issue I am having is when using instruments as VST. When I am playing back notes that I have drawn, some presets/sounds play indefinetely and will sustain until I switch sounds and/or turn off the sound ( by turning each element off). Stopping playback doesn't turn the sound off, and the sound level generally will not completely peak, meaning it will play to whatever gain it is set to and not louder, so it doesn't reach clipping level, unless I have a section of the project looped then each note (usually pads and sequences, by the way) will layer until the sound clips and I turn it off. I've had Rapture for a few years now and always managed this problem by skipping the bad presets or rendering them to audio and editing out what I didn't want, but now I bought Dimension and it does the same thing. No other Vst's that Ive used has this issue. Any help would be appreciated. I haven't found any post relating to this issue..........

2 Replies Related Threads

brundlefly
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14250
    Re:Infinite Sustain with Rapture/Dimension Pro and Cubase 2010/11/19 15:17:12 (permalink)

Are you running the latest 1.5 and 1.2 versions of Dim Pro and Rapture, respectively?

See this post: http://forum.cakewalk.com/fb.ashx?m=2116404
    strictly audio
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re:Infinite Sustain with Rapture/Dimension Pro and Cubase 2010/11/19 16:04:54 (permalink)
    Thanks, if only I wasn't at work.......I posted about this several months ago with no resolve. Thanks a million for the link....
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1