M-Audio FT-Pro Midi

Author
Ovation
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 32
2010/11/19 18:16:37 (permalink)

M-Audio FT-Pro Midi

Hello to the Forum !!
I am a relatively New User with SHS7XL (about 2 wks) and due to the GREAT!! forum discussions and prompt replies, have "pretty much" been able to figure out my settings and such.
Thanks so much to the moderators and those who respond/reply. Your time is SO APPRECIATED !!!
You make diving into one of these softwares much easier.
Now on to my question:

I am having problems getting my Midi out to run thru my M-Audio Fast Track-Pro. It is only coming back thru my keyboard as the Midi out.
??  How can I get the Midi out thru my FS-Pro ??
Here is my setup:
Have my drivers switched to ASIO
My AUDIO OUTPUT (separate computer pre-amp speakers than my onboard sound card) out the back of the FT-Pro in port #1 of TRS Output

My MIDI track Input settings at "3-Fast Track Pro Midi In Omni" which records fine
and the only ouput setting to choose is 1) 2-3 Fast Track Pro Midi Out, 2) Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth or the Cakewalk TTs's.

My AUDIO track settings are working fine at:
Input "Left M-Audio USB ASIO Line 1 In FT-Pro"
Output "Stereo M-Audio USB ASIO Analog 1/2 FT-Pro" for playback thru my speakers 
Audio Driver Bit Depth at 24, Sampling rate at 44100, 2.9 msec mixing latency and
My ASIO drivers input options are 1) M-Audio USB ASIO Line 1, which I have checked and 2) M-Audio USB ASIO S/PDIF In FT-Pro
(OUTPUT drivers options are the same.)

??? Any fixs to get my Midi Track(s) Audio Output out the back of my FT-Pro at Port #1 of TRS Output ???
As stated earlier, thanks won't be enough ....
Im ready to 'rock-n-roll' baby !

HP, i5 processor, 2.2 Ghz
Windows 10, 64-bit, 6 Gb Ram 
M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface
Sonar Professional 
(Guitar player)

5 Replies Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re:M-Audio FT-Pro Midi 2010/11/19 19:36:01 (permalink)
    I am having problems getting my Midi out to run thru my M-Audio Fast Track-Pro. It is only coming back thru my keyboard as the Midi out.

It has to be audio to output through the Fast Track. Use a software synthesizer such as TTS-1.
    If you want to use the sounds the keyboard makes, you have to record that into an audio track, thence to the M-Audio and speakers.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Ovation
    Re:M-Audio FT-Pro Midi 2010/11/23 17:33:46 (permalink)
    Thx for the reply.

I tried starting to use the TTS-1, but having some 'problems'. I probably have my Inputs/Outputs set up wrong.
    This is what i have .... Goto Insert>Soft Synth>TTS-1 and choose options MIDI source, Synth Track Folder, All synths Stereo, Display Auto to 'First Synth Audio Track' & Synth Property Page.
    This is where the trouble starts. Have the first MIDI track set as
    Input "Cakewalk TTS-1 2 (tried an earlier TTS-1 insert as TTS-1 1 that i have lost) Output 1 Stereo"
    & Output set to Master. I get no Preview Sound from the TTS-1 & i notice that my Audio Engine has stopped.
    My Master Output is set to " Left M-Audio USB ASIO Analog 1/2 Fast Track Pro".

Also, once we get this resolved .... can i take any MIDI track and assign it to 1 of the 16 tracks on the TTS-1 ??
    Thought i would be able to figure this out, even with the help of Anderton's book on SHS 7XL ... but i am stuck.

Could one of you plse have the patience to 'walk' me thru this one step at a time ??

Sonar Professional 
    (Guitar player)
    Ovation
    Re:M-Audio FT-Pro Midi 2010/11/23 19:29:58 (permalink)
    Hey Guys! Think i have it figured out. Assigned my output in the MIDI tract to TTS and then played wirth the channels. Seems to be OK so far ...... although ... any input on this sure won't hurt.

Sonar Professional 
    (Guitar player)
    Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:M-Audio FT-Pro Midi 2010/11/23 19:49:03 (permalink)
    go to http://www.herbhartley.com/ and click on the link for softsynth help.

also, work thru the tutorials in the HELP files of SHS.  especially #4 & 8 which goes over softsynths.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    57Gregy
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re:M-Audio FT-Pro Midi 2010/11/23 20:12:44 (permalink)
    Have the first MIDI track set as Input "Cakewalk TTS-1 2

I was going to say that this might be the reason you're getting dropout. The input to the MIDI track should be None, Omni or your MIDI device. It seems like you were feeding the output of TTS-1 into the MIDI track, which won't work, of course, but could cause some hiccups.
    Shoot. I even uploaded some images.
    Glad you're figuring it out.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1