Anyone know of a program that can do this ? ........

Author
Norrie
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1665
2010/11/19 19:43:03 (permalink)

Anyone know of a program that can do this ? ........

Hi guys I posted this earlyer on to the Toon track forum asking there thinking it might be the best place

I hope maybe some one here could help answer aswell I will paste what I said below and I hope you wil take the time to read it :)

Thanks Norrie

Hi All

First off please let me say sorry if I dont explain my self well in this post

Ok so here we go

I am a SD2 user and have a bunch of the addons I love the program to bits and I use my TD20 to trigger it the sounds are awesome and toontrack are by far the best drumm sampler out there :D

So with different addon packs being used with different kits etc being brought out al hte time is good news for all of us but .....

We dont know yet if they will release special Cymball packs or drum packs to get our dream kits

I my self like to have things sounding as much like my accoustic set up I use A Mapex Saturn with paistie Rude cymbells and god knows how meny snares I could shake a stick at ! ( pun intended btw ) ;)

Sooooo

With all that said what I would love to see is to take a sample of each of my drum sounds in the studio and convert them back in to midi not change them for the SD2 sounds but actualy use my TD20 to control playing recorded sounds of my own kits and Cymbells......

Is there a program thats out there that I could do this with ?

I think this would be a great program for toon track to make that way any one could have there accoustic set up sound that they want!

Or

Then buy otehr pack toontrack would release as I am sure we can ll agree we can never have enough drum sounds :D

I think it woudl be sort of like a back to front drum tracker program

The way it takes the drums and then makes them midi to use the SD2 sounds but in this case record the drum sounds and keep them so we can then play them back again as midi!!!!!!

I hope al of this made sence

Perhaps otehrs could help me explain it better and maybe tell me if theres a feature request part for toon track ?

Thanks for takeing the time to listen

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
Pro Tools 11
Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
Adam A77x
i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz

5 Replies Related Threads

yorolpal
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13829
    Re:Anyone know of a program that can do this ? ........ 2010/11/19 21:32:18 (permalink)
    Don't know if either Drumagog or Steven Slate Trigger let you load your own samples.  But you might check.

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
    https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
    Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
    Rbh
    Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2349
    Re:Anyone know of a program that can do this ? ........ 2010/11/19 22:19:40 (permalink)
    "Sooooo

With all that said what I would love to see is to take a sample of each of my drum sounds in the studio and convert them back in to midi not change them for the SD2 sounds but actually use my TD20 to control playing recorded sounds of my own kits and Cymbals....

Is there a program that's out there that I could do this with ?"

I think what you're looking for is just an open ended sampler ( any decent daw can be a good sampler ), But more specifically a really good sample playback and audio processing software specifically designed for drums..That would be Battery3.
        So you sample your drums -  Use your DAW to process and save out as WAV files.....drop them into Battery and again process them like a drum sampler can. Then you play them back via your TD-20...record the midi performance. Play back the Midi data using your daw to drive Battery.
             Is the issue that you can't use SD2 midi files with anything other than SD2 drum sounds?

I7 930 2.8 Asus PDX58D
    12 Gig
    Appollo
    CbB, Sonar Pro, Reaper, Samplitude, MixBuss
     Win7 Pro

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=902832
    Norrie
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1665
    Re:Anyone know of a program that can do this ? ........ 2010/11/19 22:51:49 (permalink)
    Hi Guys thanks for the replys :)

I will take a look at Drumagog or Steven Slate Trigger and see what it can do.

RBH

The problem would be I cant use my own samples played through SD2
    I have just been told though on there forum that I could use there program called beat station and do it but it wouldnt be velocity sensitive...... I dont think that would be that big a deal as I could tweek it manualy after to randomize the volocity The thread is here if you would like to look ? http://www.toontrack.com/...1&mpage=1&key=

I have never used battery 3 I will need to have a look at it and see what it will cost me would you recomend it for what I would like to do ?

I am guessing the same though it wont be velocity sensitive eather and would the highhats be fully working if I sampled them open half open shut etc  ?

Thanks to you both for all your help

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    drewfx1
    Max Output Level: -9.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6585
    Re:Anyone know of a program that can do this ? ........ 2010/11/20 01:13:35 (permalink)
    Many, many sampler programs will let you map and play back your own samples. The only trick is you need to learn how to do it so that the proper samples (which can just be .wav files) trigger at the note and velocity you want, and this varies for each program. Of course you also need properly recorded and edited samples that sound consistent at a variety of velocity levels.

Of the synths that come with Sonar, you can do it with both Session Drummer and Dimension Pro (and probably others I don't remember offhand).
    Jim Roseberry
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9871
    Re:Anyone know of a program that can do this ? ........ 2010/11/20 10:54:28 (permalink)
    The latest version of Drumagog can host VST plugins.
    Load something like Kontakt... and you can trigger any samples that will load into Kontakt.

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
    jim@studiocat.com
    www.studiocat.com
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1