Plug-in, MIDI, and General Sound Playback Problems

Author
Masterdrummer629
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2010/11/20 00:22:01 (permalink)

Plug-in, MIDI, and General Sound Playback Problems

I am desperately needing help. First off, when i first open up Sonar 8.5.2 it says "There are no audio devices for the current driver model on your system". My driver type is ASIO, but under ASIO i can't hear any of the plug-ins, MIDI does not work, and I have problems just hearing audio playback. I need to use ASIO though because im using the Lexicon Omega module to record and it works with ASIO. I'm using a Dell Studio XPS 1645, and my sound card is a ATI High Definition card. If someone can please help me id really appreciate it.

-Justin

5 Replies Related Threads

CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    Re:Plug-in, MIDI, and General Sound Playback Problems 2010/11/20 00:27:15 (permalink)
    Your sound card should be the Lexicon Om,ea, not your onboard sound chip. Onboard chips are horrible to use and ASIO only supports one card,

What do you mean, MIDI doesn't work? This can mean 1,0000 things. You need to give details on how its not working, what your using to trigger it, and what soft synth your using to crest sound from the MIDI data..

I really suggest going through the tutorials before going any further. This will clear up your issues
    Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    Masterdrummer629
    Re:Plug-in, MIDI, and General Sound Playback Problems 2010/11/20 00:51:44 (permalink)
    Thats the thing though, when i go under Options>Audio>Drivers it shows nothing, no input or output drivers. I cannot hear MIDI, I have the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth assigned as my MIDI output device. But when i open a MIDI project it says im missing the Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth. And i cannot hear any of the plug-ins when i assign them to a track, and i hear nothing when i play a piece of audio on a track. I have the outputs on the tracks to Master. When i open a normal non-MIDI project, it says that the Master and Metronome buses are assigned to a silent hardware output.
    lorneyb2
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1667
    Re:Plug-in, MIDI, and General Sound Playback Problems 2010/11/20 01:17:16 (permalink)
    The first step is to get your Lexicon functioning.  You didn't indicate what Windows system you are using.  Go into windows Control Panel  - Sound and Audio Devices - Audio  and set your default in the pull down menus in all 3 boxes to your Lexicon.  If the lexicon isn't showing up as a choice there then it is not installed properly. 
    Masterdrummer629
    Re:Plug-in, MIDI, and General Sound Playback Problems 2010/11/20 20:27:53 (permalink)
    I just reinstalled the drivers for the lexicon the other day and it still isnt working. Im running windows 7, and i was told that lexicon does not have a driver for a 64 bit version of sonar on windows 7, is this true? If it is, what other modules would work good and do the same thing as the lexicon but be compatible? I do not want to run sonar in 32 bit so if the lexicon isnt going to work on the 64 bit i need to buy something else.
    lorneyb2
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1667
    Re:Plug-in, MIDI, and General Sound Playback Problems 2010/11/21 02:55:44 (permalink)
    Do you have the WIN 7 drivers for your omega?
    http://www.lexiconpro.com..duct.php?id=6#downloads

According to the following it is should be compatible with win 7.
    http://www.lexiconpro.com/product.php?id=6#specs
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1