Please! Need help with V-Vocal

Author
Bartwaldon
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2010/11/21 19:04:47 (permalink)

Please! Need help with V-Vocal

Hello! I have three questions:
1.     Can you control V-vocal with a midi controler; If so, what are the steps to setting that up?

2.     I've been trying to mess with my friends and my vocals but i've been having problems with the softer tracks. After recording, are there some sections of the track that aren't picked up by V-vocal in the pitch section. I was thinking that there is back ground noise and so V-vocal can't lock onto the pich, but we have a lot of isolation equipment and i can't hear anything when i solo the track. Solutions please? 

3.     I've been hearing a little static through V-vocal. Only when it's turned on. It's always in the same spot when i replay the track. I even got rid of the V-vocal (not just bypass) and tried it again and it's still there. Any way to correct the static? I was thinking glitch but IDK. Sample rate = 96

THANK YOU for looking : )

2 Replies Related Threads

jhughs
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1179
    Re:Please! Need help with V-Vocal 2010/11/21 22:04:51 (permalink)
    Bart - For starters bring the sample rate down to 48kHz.  Running at 96 just burns disk & CPU for little benefit.  You can set the bit depth to 24 for better precision.

For #2, I've noticed that same phenomenon and either recorded hotter or just kept boosting the clip by 3dB until V-Vocal picked it up better.  (But there may be reasons for not doing that latter option - for example you're just raising the noise floor at the same time)

For #3, that sounds like it's not V-Vocal.  Make sure it's not in your original clip.  It could just be a blip at the beginning or end of a clip.  On the Snap pane you can set for clips to snap to zero crossings, bit I generally prefer to put a very small fade at the start or end of clips that click.  (Point to the top corner of the clip and drag the red triangle into the clip.)
    post edited by jhughs - 2010/11/21 22:08:35

ASUS P5ND/Intel E8500, Line6 Toneport UX2/PODFarm, Sonar, Axiom 25, Blue Bluebird, Audio-Technica AT3035s, Blue Snowflake, Line6 Spider IV 150 & AMPLIFI, Crate 1

J Hughs Soundclick
    CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    Re:Please! Need help with V-Vocal 2010/11/21 22:13:06 (permalink)
    Any way to correct the static?

This is happening outside of sonar, like your drivers or even an IRQ conflict or even a wireless card. or it could be that your clipping.
    You need to rule these things out one at a time..

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1