Drumwerks samples and Session Drummer 2

Author
popmidi
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 46
2010/12/03 11:37:42 (permalink)

Drumwerks samples and Session Drummer 2

I just purchased a couple of drumkit sample sets from Drumwerks, and, much to my chagrin, there's no "automatic" way to load them into Session Drummer 2 as a kit, in other words, no .prog file. Anyone know what hoops I need to jump through? It's important that I have the multi-sampling thang goin' on, too - no dimensionless hits for me!

I've got SONAR 7 Producer, running Vista 32.

Thanks in advance.

"Guess what?! I've got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!"

SONAR X1a Producer
Intel® Pentium® Dual Processor 820 (2M Cache, 2.80 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)
4GB RAM
WIN VISTA Home Premium 32-bit SP2
Focusrite Saffire 6
and lots and lots of MIDI sound modules

2 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Drumwerks samples and Session Drummer 2 2010/12/03 14:07:29 (permalink)
    Load them in by hand then save as a program, I believe.  I haven't looked at the internals of SD2 (or the externals, for that matter) but you might be able to adapt the SFZ files from one of the kits to the Drumwerks samples.  SFZ files are the text attachements that tell the synths engine where to look for specific samples to load in.  That should be a simple task, tho once again a by hand job.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    popmidi
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 46
    Re:Drumwerks samples and Session Drummer 2 2010/12/03 14:25:46 (permalink)
    Okay, I get what you're saying, and thanks, but what I was trying to do is actually get the kits already mapped. Surely someone out in CakeLand has mapped these.

I get that I can reverse-engineer the existing .sfz files, but when, for example, the drumkit that comes with Session Drummer 2 has 10 steps of velocity, the samples I got from Drumwerks have, like, 27 different samples. So I don't know how to map all that, with the variables available.

And sadly, the Drumwerks people do not give you a clue on how to do this, let alone not mentioning that these samples are completely without any format.

So if you (or anyone) can think of anything else, I'd appreciate it. 

"Guess what?! I've got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!"

SONAR X1a Producer
    Intel® Pentium® Dual Processor 820 (2M Cache, 2.80 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)
    4GB RAM
    WIN VISTA Home Premium 32-bit SP2
    Focusrite Saffire 6
    and lots and lots of MIDI sound modules
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1