Program Change in Dimension Pro and Rature

Author
Kevin Lee
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 131
2010/12/08 05:12:48 (permalink)

Program Change in Dimension Pro and Rature

I'm an user of Rature, Dimension Pro, and Z3ta+  from Korea.

And I also using the A-500Pro

Question is, How can I use Program Change MIDI Message in the Rature and Dimension Pro?

I've found that it works with Z3ta+ via my A-Pro that use Control map16 or 17(when I hit the button, it send the Program Change message to Z3ta+) very well.

But odd thing is, it doens't work on the Rature or Dimension Pro

How can I use Program Change Message in Rapture and Dimension Pro like Z3ta+?

Plz, any suggestion will be appreciate..

2 Replies Related Threads

techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    Re:Program Change in Dimension Pro and Rature 2010/12/08 10:29:43 (permalink)
    z3ta+ is a synthesizer that does not use sampled sounds for its sound generation so it does support program change.

But Rapture and Dimension Pro rely on samples loaded from disk when a sound is selected and like some other sample-based players they do not support program change nor bank select.

In short, you cannot use program change or bank select with Rapture no Dimension Pro--the capability does not exist in the instruments.  Both instruments ignore such messages.

But, both Dimension Pro and Rapture are efficient in the use of computer resources, so you may easily load as many instances into different host tracks as you need.  In other words, Rapture and Dimension Pro don't really need program change nor bank select--just load another instance(s) into the host and route MIDI data to them as needed.
    Kevin Lee
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 131
    Re:Program Change in Dimension Pro and Rature 2010/12/08 20:26:21 (permalink)
    Thanks for your advise! Now I can go and play with them..
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1