Long-standing mystery: DP Pro Exp Pack 2 Grooves .progs can't find samples

Author
SteveW
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 28
2010/12/11 12:04:24 (permalink)

Long-standing mystery: DP Pro Exp Pack 2 Grooves .progs can't find samples

Hi,

It's been awhile since I worried about it, but with upgrade to X1 I was fiddling around with D-Pro and touring thru the Patch Browser and when I get to Expansion 2/Grooves, the two sub-folders, Drum n Bass Breaks and Hip Hop Breaks, trying to select any of the .progs in there results in a "sample missing" error message.

I've tried reinstalling both D-Pro from my 1.0 DVDs up thru upgrading it thru 1.2 to 1.5 again, and still the problem persists.

Is this just a known, outstanding error in the Expansion Pack 2 set, or is there something missing on my system?  I've toured thru the D-Pro Multisamples folder but can't find anything that's explicitly pointed to by these .progs.

Thanks in advance for any assistance, other than this and the "DVD4 Will Not Be Installed" error due to "Dimention Pro" [sic] "improper install" issue with the Additional Content download for Sonar X1 Producer edition, the rest of X1 seems to be running reasonably fine.

Steve

3 Replies Related Threads

SteveW
    Re:Long-standing mystery: DP Pro Exp Pack 2 Grooves .progs can't find samples 2010/12/11 12:33:41 (permalink)
    ... oh and btw have searched other threads here for resolution of the issue, and this problem goes back to at least 2006, and yes, I've tried the REX Shared Library.dll install route, that's not the issue here (all the rest of the .progs on my system, whether using D-Pro 1.2, D-Pro 1.5 (VSTi) or D-Pro 1.2 (DX), work fine); it just seems to be some problem with these particular sets of .progs.

Would like some clarity on why this five-year-long outstanding issue's never gotten a clear resolution, if possible.

I wouldn't really worry about this nit except for the fact that it, plus some other sloppiness on Cakewalk's part with regard to dealing with past versions of Dim Pro and the X1 upgrade (seriously, at the very least, you should know how to spell, er.... "Dimension" by now? not "Dimention"??? illiteracy much?? <G>), wasted a LOT of my time on a Friday night yesterday.  I enjoy software but it's little annoyances like these that send me back to my Moog Voyager and a pair of headphones. When it works Sonar is great, but it's still, as far as I'm concerned, a very fragile, easy-to-break environment.

Sometimes, simplicity's where it's at. ;)

techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    Re:Long-standing mystery: DP Pro Exp Pack 2 Grooves .progs can't find samples 2010/12/13 21:54:02 (permalink)
    32bit or 64bit version of Dim Pro?
    SteveW
    Re:Long-standing mystery: DP Pro Exp Pack 2 Grooves .progs can't find samples 2010/12/14 11:28:10 (permalink)
    32-bit, on Windows XPSP3.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1