Top Request at PRO TOOLS AVID FORUM! "When is avid going 64 bit?"

Author
Freddie H
Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3617
2010/12/12 09:32:38 (permalink)

Top Request at PRO TOOLS AVID FORUM! "When is avid going 64 bit?"

I keep asking this question and no responce ???

John, it's simple.  Anyone that says they know about the release date for 64-bit, really doesn't.  Anyone who really does know, can't answer you, as they're under a strict NDA.  If 64-bit is a key criterion for you, then, today, Avid is not your "competitive" answer.
You should buy one of those other competitive products for now, and then, if/when Avid ever releases a native 64-bit version, you can decide if you want to buy that as well.  Many editors own multiple NLE's.  They're all just tools, and each has it's sttrengths.

That other applications have already gone 64 bit has no bearing on the fact one way or the other that Avid has not yet taken that step in its development.

I can answer that question!  Never... at least not in 5 years of time... They need to re-program their outdated Pro Tools from scratch. It will happen when "Pro Tools" users understand that they have been "fooled" invested in outdated software.

Don't worry all my Pro Tools friends. Just "Smile"!  After all, it's "Vintage gear" you have been investing for years at AVID LOL. Give yourself a break and go and order something Modern instead. Check out SONAR X1, Cubase 5 or LOGIC 9.1 on Mac.

http://www.cakewalk.com/P.ducts/SONAR/default.aspx

Merry Christmas!

Regards
Freddie

post edited by Freddie H - 2010/12/12 09:55:26

-Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds. -It really matters!

1 Reply Related Threads

Freddie H
    Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3617
    Re:Top Request at PRO TOOLS AVID FORUM! "When is avid going 64 bit?" 2010/12/12 11:25:49 (permalink)

-Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds. -It really matters!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1