Advice on sound

Author
TheEdman
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8
2010/12/13 22:30:38 (permalink)

Advice on sound

Hi I'm new at this hardware and so far I recording a couple songs but I play it and it sounds all hissy and kinda distorted so what do I do??? Do I need a audio hardware???

Specs:

Windows XP
SoundMax Interal Audio
and Music Creator Le 5

3 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:Advice on sound 2010/12/13 22:34:16 (permalink)
    what are you recording?  guitar?  vocals?  are you plugging in direct?  using a microphone?

using the onboard soundcard is always going to be lower quality.  there are some recommendations on my website.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Advice on sound 2010/12/14 07:48:33 (permalink)
    Yeah...welcome...

First, I would look at upgrading the sound card by buying an external USB card. (also called an interface) Many noise and other problems are caused by the factory card..... so upgrading is one of the best first big steps you can take.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Robomusic
    • Total Posts : 8943
    Re:Advice on sound 2010/12/14 16:50:57 (permalink)
    You left way to much out to even begin to make sense of it. If you have a $5 mike and a Cheapo cord and are recording in the laundry room there will be a lot of noise. If you have a $1,000 condensor mike and you do not have the right type of room with some sort of wall and floor treatments, you might hear a Mouse fart down the street in the recording. Also you say i have XP, is that on a 10 year old Celeron with 256 of ram? Or a rather new system and you just love XP?

What you need to do is give us a bit of information as to what you are doing. Give details like this: I am recording dirent into the sound card using a Radio shack mike and my accoustic guitar, or i am using a Fender strat and plugging into the sound cards Line in/ or using the mike input. See all of this matters, since each piece of information tells us something about what possible issues you might face. Example: If you plug a guitar into a mike input you are running thru the built in preamp in the sound card, and might be getting some noise.

I hope this helps you to know how to help us  .... er well help you! 

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1