Dimension Pro Content Scattered

Author
brammer
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 819
2010/12/15 11:58:22 (permalink)

Dimension Pro Content Scattered

Somehow I've got some of my purchased expansions in C;\program data\cakewalk\dimensionpro and some in C\programfiles(x86)\cakewalk\dimensionpro

Anyone know how I can get them into 1 directory, and then have DP go there by default??
I can navigate between the 2 with the browser in DP, but I've already spent $60 on an expansion I already had due to this & would like to fix it

Any help appreciated
PS - using DP 1.5 64 bit

i7-930, 12 gigs RAM, Gigabyte UD3, Geforce 960 
Win10 Pro 64, Sonar Platinum  
M-Audio Profire 2626, Mackie Control Pro,
Yamaha Motif ES Rack, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro, 
Music Labs Guitars, TH2, Guitar Rig 5, Superior Drummer 2.2,
EZ Drummer, Kontakt 5, Melodyne 2.0 64 bit

6 Replies Related Threads

techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    Re:Dimension Pro Content Scattered 2010/12/15 12:25:29 (permalink)
    There are registry keys that tell each version of Dimension Pro where to find its multisamples.  You would need to merge all of your multisamples into a common area then make sure each Dimension Pro has its multisample registry key modified to point to that new location.

If there are multiple versions of Dimension Pro installed on the computer you may also run into a situation where an old version of Dimension Pro attempts to load a .prog file created by a newer version of Dimension Pro.

I don't recommend moving the .prog and .elem content folders, just the multisamples themselves.
    brammer
    Re:Dimension Pro Content Scattered 2010/12/15 12:31:57 (permalink)
    Thanks for the response Bob
    I'm not nuts on playing in the registry, never done it
    I'm concerned that I may "merge" my files into the directory DP **isn't** set to
    Guess I'll have to play with this a bit to see if I can fix it using your suggestions
    Thanks

S.Wallis
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 269
    Re:Dimension Pro Content Scattered 2010/12/15 12:35:15 (permalink)
    You might be able to drag expansion packs from C;\program data\cakewalk\dimensionpro and C\programfiles(x86)\cakewalk\dimensionpro in to one folder. This should be dimension pro's 'multisamples' folder. After you have all of the expansion packs in the multisamples folder, open Dim Pro, open the browser (as if you're going to load a preset) and press F5 on your computer's keyboard.

That might not woth, but is the easiest if it does work.

There might be an easier way, but the only other way i can think of is to re-install Dim Pro and make sure you know where the 'multisamples' folder is going to be installed. Next, re-install your purchased expansion packs, and make sure to install them in the same 'multisamples' folder.

If you follow the default install, then i think the default location the multisamples get installed to is c/program files/dimension pro/multisamples. You can install it wherever you like, and then install the expansion packs in the 'multisamples' folder.

Let me know if you still have problems.
    brammer
    Re:Dimension Pro Content Scattered 2010/12/15 12:48:30 (permalink)
    I had tried the drag into option, it didn't seem to work
    I moved the folders from both the program and multi sample folders
    I thought that would work, but no joy

S.Wallis
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 269
    Re:Dimension Pro Content Scattered 2010/12/15 16:12:46 (permalink)
    The orignal multisamples folder is the default folder Dim Pro gets all of its content from, so you shouldn't move anything out of here, but install expansions in to that folder.

Can you try installing Dim Pro and the expansions again, and install the expansions in to Dim Pro multisamples folder when asked on the install?

I do remember people having a problem with expansion packs not showing up, but i can't remember how to fix that without the registry edit Bob mentions above.

I'm sure once you have Dim Pro installed, and the orignal and expansion files on your hard-drive, you can't move them without using the registry edit. So...

The best advice i can offer is to install Dim Pro again, and when it asks where you want to install the 'multisamples' folder, make a note of where it is. I think by default it goes to c/program files/ dimension pro/multisamples. Next, reinstall the expansion packs and when asked where you want to install them, install them inside the Dim Pro multisamples folder. Open Dim Pro, open the browser and press F5 to refresh the browser. Hopefully everything is working as it should now.

It might be a bit of a hastle to have to reinstall everything, but i'm 90% sure it will work. Let me know if it doesn't and i'll try to help. I know it's no consolation but i've installed Proteus Virtuoso 2000, Xtreme Lead1, and other expansion packs and i didn't have any problems with the install, but like i said, others have...
    brammer
    Re:Dimension Pro Content Scattered 2010/12/15 20:52:18 (permalink)
    @S Wallis
    Thanks for the help
    I've never told these installs where to go - they just go where they want to
    I usually let things do what they want - less problems (usually!  :-)
    The last 2 expansions I installed from Digital Sound Factory did not give an option - they just showed where they were about to go (programs x86)
    I think between going from 32 to 64 bit, and 1.2 to 1.5, and DXi to VST, things got messed up
    I'm going to contact Customer Support (after the X1 flood dies down) and see if there's a fix - or put in a feature request to be able to set the default directory for the voices menu

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1