Sonar Home Studio 7xl compatibility with windows 7

Author
paulclaro
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 236
2010/12/19 21:03:15 (permalink)

Sonar Home Studio 7xl compatibility with windows 7

Hey I got a question. I just purchased Sonar Home Studio 7xl and I'm waiting for a new lap top that has windows 7. Is 7xl compatible with windows 7. I have been hearing differing opinions. I'm using Home Studio to record my music. Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies Related Threads

ASG
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 209
    Re:Sonar Home Studio 7xl compatibility with windows 7 2010/12/20 03:44:38 (permalink)
         I record off my laptop thats win7 and i use home studio 7 xl so dont worry this is no opinion. You wont have any problems with Sonar, but i can almost promise you trouble with your equipment, whatever interface you use.  Not to ramble on but i started working on my studio by myself last summer and it was hell dealing with all the problems nobody tells you about, in this case compatibility issues. My interface worked but probably every half hour my computer would crash or audio would drop out terribly and sonar would become unresponsive. Im telling you this cause nobody told me, that if you experience these problems, DONt go get new equipment or a new DAW, because the problem is with the computer. These bugs have not been worked out because win7 is a relatively new operating system, and you'll have pretty moderate success if you just learn to livee around these bugs. Nobody told me this and i went back and forth trying different interfaces and programs and what not and nothing helped, just lost alot of money lol.
         So yeah not to ramble on but youll be fine with hs7, and remember if you have any technical issues, just live with them, eventually as windows 7 makes a name for itself things will change.
    daveny5
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16934
    Re:Sonar Home Studio 7xl compatibility with windows 7 2010/12/20 08:32:22 (permalink)
    Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit? I don't think you'll have a problem with the 32 bit version, but you may with the 64-bit version (although that's the better version to have). 

Dave
    Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
    Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
    Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
    Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
    Controllers: Korg nanoKONTROL, Wacom Bamboo Touchpad
    Crimsntyd
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re:Sonar Home Studio 7xl compatibility with windows 7 2010/12/30 19:17:43 (permalink)
    I agree with daveny5; I'm still working out some issues with the guys at Line6, but I think it's Win7 related.  My TonePort UX8 wasn't communicating with SONAR until recently, and even now it's only able to record 16-bit.  I have the 64-bit version of Win7.  I'm waiting on a patch from Cakewalk or maybe Microsoft to make life easier.
    Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:Sonar Home Studio 7xl compatibility with windows 7 2010/12/30 20:05:33 (permalink)
    if you're waiting on a patch from cakewalk for SHS7 you'll be waiting until you're pushing up daisies.  SHS is at End Of Line.  it's been replaced with Sonar X1 Essentials.

if you're waiting on microsoft to patch win7 I'm not sure what you're waiting on. 

why aren't you focusing on line 6 and their drivers?  that would be where the problem will lie.  do you have the latest drivers?  which driver mode are you using?  have you tried both WDM and ASIO?

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1