New Metal Midi groove library

Author
Dave Modisette
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11050
2010/12/20 09:28:50 (permalink)

New Metal Midi groove library

http://www.platinumsamples.com/ps/BobbyJarzombekGrooves.php

I've been working with Platinum Samples (betatesting) on these for a month or two and they are available in several different formats that the SONAR folks may use.  BFD, Superior Drummer 2, EZdrummer, Session Drummer, Addictive Drums and General Midi formats are available.  These are double bass grooves that run the range of what I would call Classic Metal all the way to the over the top kind of things that you hear in the New Metal stuff.

They might not be everyone's cup of tea but I found that a lot of them caught my ear for future use in Classic Rock kinds of tunes.  So, if you are a Metal Head you probably want to pull out your credit card and get it ready.  If you are a little more conservative, you still want to check out the library because the is a lot of usable stuff for you too.  If there was a double kick drummer in my band this artist would be the guy because he knows when to turn it on and when to turn it off.

BTW, Session Drummer 3 with the Steven Slate Zepplin kit sounds really nice on these grooves.  If you have Superior Drummer 2, you might want to jump on the Evil Drums Library which is on sale at some retailers for like half price or something.  That library and this midi groove collection kicks serious butt!
post edited by Mod Bod - 2010/12/20 09:29:59

Dave Modisette ... rocks a Purrrfect Audio Studio Pro rig.

http://www.gatortraks.com 
My music.
... And of course, the Facebook page. 

4 Replies Related Threads

The Maillard Reaction
    • Total Posts : 31918
    Re:New Metal Midi groove library 2010/12/20 09:34:46 (permalink)
    No Imap?

mgh
    • Total Posts : 8594
    Re:New Metal Midi groove library 2010/12/20 10:02:19 (permalink)
    He is a very good drummer, the fact he was mentioned when Mike Portnoy left DT is proof enough...$40, not bad, may see how things are looking post-Christmas; these will sound sweet with Steven Slate Metal EX!

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    Genghis
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 827
    Re:New Metal Midi groove library 2010/12/20 21:09:50 (permalink)
    Thanks for the heads up.  I picked them up after a quick listen to the demo clips.

If I didn't already have Evil Drums I'd get that as well.  I had it for BFD2 and after picking up Superior Drummer I sold the BFD version so I could get the SD version... I liked it so much I bought it twice.

They call 'em fingers, but I've never seen 'em fing. 
    My Music is Here
    Studio Cat DAW
    bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:New Metal Midi groove library 2010/12/21 13:26:37 (permalink)
    I got this yesterday. Have not listened to them yet. I will during my week off (next week).
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1