Guitar Rig 4 in Sonar 8.5- Which Yellow Brickroad Do I Take?

Author
mcclden
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2010/12/22 00:49:46 (permalink)

Guitar Rig 4 in Sonar 8.5- Which Yellow Brickroad Do I Take?

Hello,
I have had Guitar Rig 4 loaded on my system for quite a while and have decided to play with it in Sonar 8.5 since I am on vacation. I have a simple question as I am an old Cakewalk user from V4  but have not dealt with plug-ins.

1. I have Presonus Firepod as my interface.
2. I plug my guitar directly into a channel.
3. Set up my audio channel in Sonar associated with the channel on my interface.
4  My question......How does Guitar Rig enter into the mix? Thru the effects chain?  Do you set it to record the effect onto the tracks or is there another method. I have searched this forum and really haven't seen a clear method to to setup and lay down a track once all the pieces of the puzzle are in place. I must say, it has some cool stuff, but I just haven't had time until now and appreciate any assistance in order to spend less technical and more musical, if possible.

Thanks, Dennis
Ardmore, Ok

Dennis McClendon
Ardmore, Oklahoma

1 Reply Related Threads

mcclden
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:Guitar Rig 4 in Sonar 8.5- Which Yellow Brickroad Do I Take? 2010/12/22 17:36:01 (permalink)
    OK, After searching more today, I've found a thread where thru the effects insert is the logical placement as it will be your normal dry sound on the track, so I'm heading out to the studio and fire up. 

Dennis McClendon
    Ardmore, Oklahoma
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1