sonar x1 upgrade from the vs production pack?

Author
M@ B
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1128
2010/12/25 19:58:20 (permalink)

sonar x1 upgrade from the vs production pack?

before the release of sonar x1, when upgrading to 8.5, a $50 discount was given to production pack software users (v studio 100 software). now it appears that no recognition is given to the v studio 100 owners when it comes to upgrading to sonar x1. i feel forgotten about and left in the cold especially since the v studio 20's software (guitar tracks) is recognized for a $50 discount on the same upgrade. the last time i checked (just now) the v studio 100 costs twice that of the 20. either i am mistaken or something doesn't add up. i was pretty psyched about x1 producer, now i'm kinda bummed...  

v studio 100 owners are just considered "any registered cakewalk customer" now.
i may as well had bought a cakewalk t-shirt.

what gives?

post edited by M@ B - 2010/12/26 01:30:43

3 Replies Related Threads

eschelar
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re:sonar x1 upgrade from the vs production pack? 2010/12/29 11:51:01 (permalink)
    Hear hear!

I'm a Photoshop user myself and it's noteworthy that they never discontinue their upgrade packages. And the upgrade packages are scaled based on their value.

For example, upgrading from PS Elements (aka lite version) to Photoshop yields a small discount. Upgrading from an earlier version of PS (usually 3 releases prior) yields a very substantial discount.

Last I checked, the same goes for Vegas products. 

Incidentally, I discovered that Vegas works really nicely with the VS 100 so far. I haven't even loaded the Sonar VS program yet, I'm still using a 30 day trial of Sonar 8.5 Pro to check out the whole story while I complete my comparison of the VS 100 and BR800. Oddly, Vegas works better than Sonar 8.5 with the VS 100... Of course Vegas Pro is 600 bucks...

I was under the impression that Sonar VS for the 100 was a different/superior package to what came with the VS20. It was one of the reasons that I justified taking the hit to make the switch over from the BR800.
    M@ B
    Re:sonar x1 upgrade from the vs production pack? 2010/12/30 00:33:19 (permalink)
    i found out that the omission of the vs production pack from the upgrade discount lists was if fact an inadvertent one. they are offering the same discounts to upgrade with it as sonar le and guitar tracks, etc.

btw, if you do install the vs production pack software, i wouldn't be surprised if you end up having to uninstall the trial version of 8.5 because it interferred with my installation of the vs prod pack last year. i had to do the install a second time after uninstalling the 8.5 trial.

i like the vs prod pack. it's straightforward and user friendly and also believe it to be a better bundle than guitar tracks (vstudio 20). i made some good stuff with it. i upgraded to x1 p.e. today and it's gonna take a bit of getting used to. i'm sure that after i understand what i'm doing, that it'll be awesome, but that won't be next week.
    post edited by M@ B - 2010/12/30 00:40:57

M@ B
    Re:sonar x1 upgrade from the vs production pack? 2010/12/31 16:46:01 (permalink)
    fyi,
    i had to uninstall the sonar vs production pack because it interfered and caused shared file problems with sonar x1 p.e x64. in other words, sonar vs and x1 p.e x64 cannot exist together on the same windows 7 x64 machine.

you may ask "why would you want to use sonar vs when you have x1pe?" well, i am familiar with sonar vs and can use it efficiently. it is going to take some time to get up to speed with x1 p.e. i had intended to use sonar vs while i learned x1. that is not an option, i must jump in and swim... or sink.

if you are running sonar vs on a w7x64 machine and plan to upgrade to sonar x1studiox64 or p.e.x64, you'll find yourself in the same boat.

"cannon ball!"

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1