Seems to slip in time druing the recording

Author
iamdave
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 21
2010/12/30 16:28:16 (permalink)

Seems to slip in time druing the recording

I thought I was losing my mind / losing my touch recording for a while. Finally it hit me that they track is slipping back in time just a bit over the course of a 4 minute song I'm recording.

I've been using c/w for many years. Currently 8.3.1.372 producer. I'e never experienced this before in c/w. I record into a peavey pv20usb mixer and usb to my computer with win 7. But I notice just lately that as a track goes long it seems to slide back in tempo. I thought at first I was playing off and then it continued to grow and I knew there was no way I was playing that far behind. So then recording some vocals I noticed it doing the same thing. I actually had to split and drag it back to tempo a couple times.

Any reasoning and better yet idea on how to fix this issue.

Many thanks,
Dave

1 Reply Related Threads

CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    Re:Seems to slip in time druing the recording 2010/12/30 16:54:28 (permalink)
    This is do to your sound card/interfaces driver Your peavey is not a good audio interface and it lacks the drivers.

Yuo can try updating and seeing if there is a new peavey driver form the peavey web site and then make sure you install the latest drivers form the peavey website for that USB mixer.

Then you will need to try ASIO and WDM driver modes with different ASIO buffer settings and different WDM slider settings. One will work better thabn the other, but every situation is different, so you need to see what works bets for you. If you done all this, then you need to invest in a decent audio sound card.

There are many good ones to chose from.
    Here is my list: Good sound cards

Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1