New folder demarkations, how about color?

Author
drjenk
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 187
2010/12/30 18:57:35 (permalink)

New folder demarkations, how about color?

Hi,
One of the first things I notice about X1 vs 8 was that the indication that a track belongs to a folder has changed.  All tracks are now left justified, with a tiny little line stretching down encompassing the tracks which the folder contains.  This to me is a bit of a step backward, but I understand what they were trying to do.  It seems they were putting some level of priority to maximizing the efficiency of screen real estate used, whenever and wherever they could.  Although in this case, it sacrifices a bit of easy identification.  
  If there is not a way already (and please clue me in if there is), can we have some way of coloring the track folder and the tracks it contains?  This would accomplish the goal of not having to sacrifice screen real estate (in the form of indenting the folders as it used to be, thus creating wasted space on the left of the folder), and keeping a real easy way of identifying folders and tracks it contains.   
Perhaps this should belong to a "feature request" post, does such a thing exist?

Cheers,
David J.
post edited by drjenk - 2010/12/30 20:30:03

3 Replies Related Threads

thegeek
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 631
    Re:New folder demarkations, how about color? 2010/12/30 19:03:06 (permalink)
    Try changing the "track view track folder name text" color to be different from the rest! In earlier versions you could also change the "background" but users have reported this doesnt work in X1. The text color though works - you can also apply different text color for midi tracks, audio tracks, instrument tracks, synth tracks (audio tracks having an input from a synth)
    tlw
    Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2567
    Re:New folder demarkations, how about color? 2010/12/30 19:41:28 (permalink)
    Personally, I'd like the old tabbed-to-the-right way of showing tracks belonged to a folder back. Far more intuitive (to me at any rate). 
    drjenk
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 187
    Re:New folder demarkations, how about color? 2010/12/30 20:27:33 (permalink)
    thegeek

Try changing the "track view track folder name text" color to be different from the rest! In earlier versions you could also change the "background" but users have reported this doesnt work in X1. The text color though works - you can also apply different text color for midi tracks, audio tracks, instrument tracks, synth tracks (audio tracks having an input from a synth)

I did try to change that but it only changes the folder text itself, not the tracks within the folder.  I can't find any other color which will color tracks contained in a folder the same as each other (text, background, or otherwise) differently from tracks not in a folder. 

I did find the "folder line" color item, made it a bright color, but still would be nice to have a folder color "theme" or such.
    post edited by drjenk - 2010/12/30 20:28:50
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1