Rewiring - Project5 v2 into Sonar Producer 8.5 - HELP!!!

Author
DJRadboy
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 72
2011/01/01 10:56:49 (permalink)

Rewiring - Project5 v2 into Sonar Producer 8.5 - HELP!!!

Happy New Year, everyone.

I have a question about rewiring in SONAR PE 8.5:

I'm a longtime Proect5 Version 2 user.  Love it and used to rewire into SONAR 4 (Studio) and then 8 (Studio).  Upgraded to 8.5 PE to learn how to work completely in 8.5. 

The MIDI in 8.5 PE is just too complex for me and I want to continue rewiring P5 into SONAR.

However in 8.5 PE there's a problem:

• The rewired P5 project no longer produces sounds or functions like it used to.
  • I can no longer "play" the project from the rewired P5 project.
  • My MIDI controller no longer outputs soft synth audio when I work from the rewired P5 project.

Am I inserting the rewired P5V2 synth wrong?  I have experimented with it all morning and am having no luck. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated PLEASE!

Thank you,

Jeff

1 Reply Related Threads

DJRadboy
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 72
    Re:Rewiring - Project5 v2 into Sonar Producer 8.5 - HELP!!! 2011/01/01 11:24:34 (permalink)
    RESOLUTION UPDATE:

After continuing to work with this issue more, I have found a resolution to the problem for anyone following this thread.
    • P5V2 is able to be rewired into SONAR 8.5 PE
    • MIDI controller input cannot be enabled in both.  It must be disabled in SONAR or P5, depending on which one you want to work in.
    • P5 functionality works as normal after pressing "play" on the project from within SONAR.
      • Ex. Start playing the project from Sonar and press "stop" from P5.  From there, use P5 as normal. 
      • NOTE: If you go outside of P5 for anything, repeat the process to return to working in P5

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1