AudioSnap Quantise ????

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4951
Re:AudioSnap Quantise ???? 2011/01/01 15:37:18 (permalink)
Twigman

10Ten

Twigman

10Ten

That's the big thing. AS in general doesn't do what it is meant for. I use it a lot, but it is for the purposes of manipulating tracks, not fixing timing issues.

Fixing timing issues is what it's for.......what else might one use it for?

If all else fails you could actually read the post you quoted.
I did........'it is for the purposes of manipulating tracks, not fixing timing issues' ....errr what kind of track manipulation other than fixing timimg issues does it do?

You can't selectively quote things. The full sentence was about my use of AS not the intended purpose which I clearly said has never worked. Not that Beat Detective is easy or even ideal, but it does work. AS and groove clipping in general are capable of all kinds of track destruction if one has the imagination to find them.
garrigus
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8599
Re:AudioSnap Quantise ???? 2011/01/01 16:01:33 (permalink)
ba_midi

Uh oh Scott you're making X(1) rated videos ??? :P
Billy,

LOL! Now that might be fun. Hey, wait a minute... that's not a bad idea. I bet I could sell a lot more copies if I had some sexy ladies on there, eh?

Just kidding! Don't want to offend the lovely ladies we have here in the forum.

Scott

--
Scott R. Garrigus - Author of the Cakewalk Sonar and Sony Sound Forge Power book series. Get Sonar X1 Power - Today! Go to: http://www.garrigus.com/

Publisher of DigiFreq - free music technology newsletter. Win a free SoundTech Vocal Trainer Package, go to: http://www.digifreq.com/digifreq/

Publisher of NewTechReview - free consumer technology newsletter. Win a free i2i Stream Wireless Music Pack, go to: http://www.newtechreview.com/newtechreview/

rbowser
Max Output Level: -10 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6518
Re:AudioSnap Quantise ???? 2011/01/01 16:52:56 (permalink)
garrigus

It's currently broken but will be fixed. The video was probably using an earlier beta of X1 when the feature still worked and then the feature was broken in a late beta and wasn't caught in time for the release. That is just a guess and not any kind of official word.

But yes, it is currently broken.

Scott

--
Scott R. Garrigus - Author of the Cakewalk Sonar and Sony Sound Forge Power book series. Get Sonar X1 Power - Today! Go to: http://www.garrigus.com/

Publisher of DigiFreq - free music technology newsletter. Win a free SoundTech Vocal Trainer Package, go to: http://www.digifreq.com/digifreq/

Publisher of NewTechReview - free consumer technology newsletter. Win a free i2i Stream Wireless Music Pack, go to: http://www.newtechreview.com/newtechreview/

But turning on the Audio Transients view, we can still edit the timing of notes by hand, so at least that works.

Currently, the "follow project tempo" function in AS works sometimes - not consistently.

It's so odd that AS got broken at the last second.  It's a drag that a lot of us are watching the good Groove 3 videos, and seeing the nice AS demo which ends up Not being what we have in X1 in its current incarnation.

Randy B.

Sonar X3e Studio
Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
DeveryH
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 780
Re:AudioSnap Quantise ???? 2011/01/01 20:42:18 (permalink)
Whew, back from Miami and I thought I'd chime into this thread a little more...

I really don't know what to say??? I am really dumbfounded by the fact that there was actually a feature, an important feature, that seemed to work during the beta but when the product was released (X1) that feature (Audio Snap) was DOA.

I cannot wrap my head around that. (shakes head in disbelief)

Look, I don't know a single thing about how decisions are made at Cakewalk, but I would really have a hard time believing NO ONE knew that Audio Snap wasn't working upon release of X1. If this is the case, why release the product? Again, I don't know what happened, but whatever did happen, it was wrong and SHOULD not happen again.

I guess this goes back to Mike's and others' gripe with some things Cakewalk. What's wrong with letting things bake a little longer? What's wrong with pushing the release date up? And doing it again and again if you have to?

It reminds me of a video game I once bought called Two Worlds. Being a fan of RPG's since I was a child, I personally loved the game and gleefully ignored all of its shortcomings. It was obviously released way too early, it was full of bugs, crashes, and framerate problems. This divided players into two camps: fanboys and haters. I happened to be a fanboy of the game.
Well, the company who produced this game got hit hard with spite and hate from all sides and rightfully so. I'm sure it was hard as hell for that team to have their product, that they spent so much time and energy on, beat to a pulp. But do you know what they did? They took it to heart and started over from scratch, created a new engine--new everything. Not only did they do that, but they have probably pushed their original release date up probably 5 times now. It's kind of irritating. I wanted it in Sept. Then it moved to Nov. Then it moved to Jan 5th. The other day I checked? January 25. Cazzo!
This is a company that has learned their lessons. And do you know what? They shall be rewarded. Kudos to them.

Point? If a Cake is supposed to be baked for 40 minutes, don't take it out of the oven after 25!!!!! It's just not worth it guys. It's just not worth it.
Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4951
Re:AudioSnap Quantise ???? 2011/01/01 20:45:25 (permalink)
spanky

Whew, back from Miami and I thought I'd chime into this thread a little more...

I really don't know what to say??? I am really dumbfounded by the fact that there was actually a feature, an important feature, that seemed to work during the beta but when the product was released (X1) that feature (Audio Snap) was DOA.

I cannot wrap my head around that. (shakes head in disbelief)

Look, I don't know a single thing about how decisions are made at Cakewalk, but I would really have a hard time believing NO ONE knew that Audio Snap wasn't working upon release of X1. If this is the case, why release the product? Again, I don't know what happened, but whatever did happen, it was wrong and SHOULD not happen again.

I guess this goes back to Mike's and others' gripe with some things Cakewalk. What's wrong with letting things bake a little longer? What's wrong with pushing the release date up? And doing it again and again if you have to?

It reminds me of a video game I once bought called Two Worlds. Being a fan of RPG's since I was a child, I personally loved the game and gleefully ignored all of its shortcomings. It was obviously released way too early, it was full of bugs, crashes, and framerate problems. This divided players into two camps: fanboys and haters. I happened to be a fanboy of the game.
Well, the company who produced this game got hit hard with spite and hate from all sides and rightfully so. I'm sure it was hard as hell for that team to have their product, that they spent so much time and energy on, beat to a pulp. But do you know what they did? They took it to heart and started over from scratch, created a new engine--new everything. Not only did they do that, but they have probably pushed their original release date up probably 5 times now. It's kind of irritating. I wanted it in Sept. Then it moved to Nov. Then it moved to Jan 5th. The other day I checked? January 25. Cazzo!
This is a company that has learned their lessons. And do you know what? They shall be rewarded. Kudos to them.

Point? If a Cake is supposed to be baked for 40 minutes, don't take it out of the oven after 25!!!!! It's just not worth it guys. It's just not worth it.

The really sad thing is that most here had already accepted that there was not going to be a new version in 2010. Cake could have simply fixed a few bugs in 8.5.3 and most would have been happy until October 2011. I really can't understand what would drive them to make so many major mistakes at once unless there was some major threat from Roland.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1