I cannot record MIDI, it is there, then gone

Author
drjenk
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 187
2011/01/01 20:16:05 (permalink)

I cannot record MIDI, it is there, then gone

Hi,
I admit I have not recorded midi in some time, but I got a new keyboard for Christmas and am trying to record some midi with X1.
I do arm the track, hit R for record, my metronome counts in, I play along, I see my notes in the piano roll getting recorded.  I then hit stop, it all disappears in the track view (I have piano roll going in the track view).  ?????.  Now I know I have successfully recorded midi before, just not in months, and this is by far the weirdest result I have seen.
Another thing, I have the multidock with another copy of the piano roll in it, on a separate monitor.  After I record, I see the notes in that window, even after I press stop.  But as soon as I click in the window, they disappear.  Anybody else experience this?  I currently cannot record  notes using my new keyboard because they keep disappearing.  :(

Does anyone have a clue as to this mystery.  I hope it's something dumb that I am not doing.

Thanks
David J.

1 Reply Related Threads

drjenk
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 187
    Re:I cannot record MIDI, it is there, then gone 2011/01/01 20:24:27 (permalink)
    Ok it seems like no matter how long I fiddle to make sure it IS a problem I always have luck right after I post.

It seems that I needed to choose the other input channel for recording midi that the driver exposes (it is a Korg R3).  I had to set it to "R3 KBD/KNOB" instead of "R3 MIDI IN".  But it seems like it shouldn't have worked at all with the other setting?  I believe it is referring to it's midi hardware port.  Anyway it's working now, nevermind....  Nothing to see here....

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1