Imported Audio CD

Author
wskip49
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2011/01/02 13:11:57 (permalink)

Imported Audio CD

I'm new here and to recording.  I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask questions.  Can an audio CD track be broken into several tracks?

1 Reply Related Threads

Luteman
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 335
    Re:Imported Audio CD 2011/01/26 07:49:03 (permalink)
    No I'm not sure if this is the right place, either - probably better in the SONAR Studio and Producer forum, but here goes anyway.
    You would rip your CD track to a WAV, then import that WAV into a new track in SONAR (now it's a SONAR 'clip', probably on the track called Audio 1).
    Position the timeline where you want the split, then press S. This splits the original clip into 2 clips.
    Repeat splitting until you have carved the track up into as many pieces as you want.
    Now create as many additional audio tracks as you need. Drag each clip onto a new track (so you end up with your CD track split between Audio 2, Audio 3, etc.
    Drag each clip to the start of its audio track so you don't have silence before the audio starts playing.
    Select all clips (Ctrl-A) and go File->Export->Audio
    Under Source Category, select Tracks - you should see all your tracks highlighted.
    Select each track in turn, name the output WAV and export.

Having said all of the above - what you want to do is probably easier in something like Sound Forge or Audacity . . .

Chris
    SONAR Platinum, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Core2Quad Q6600, 8GB, 2 x SSD, M-Audio Fast Track Ultra, M-Audio Axiom 61, Behringer FCB1010 MIDI pedalboard, Stephen Haddock 8-course lute, some guitars, a mandolin and a bass

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1