My Latest Track: "Keepin' You Close To My Heart"

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Thatsastrat
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1267
Re:My Latest Track: "Keepin' You Close To My Heart" 2011/01/09 16:23:59 (permalink)
I sent a PM
ba_midi
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14061
Re:My Latest Track: "Keepin' You Close To My Heart" 2011/01/09 18:05:02 (permalink)
Thatsastrat

I sent a PM

Got it and replied :)

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
Psalmist35
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1471
Re:My Latest Track: "Keepin' You Close To My Heart" 2011/01/09 18:27:17 (permalink)
Billy,
I think this is the first time I ever comment on one of your songs.  This song is really great and has alot of potiential for a great lyric.  I'm hearing a vocal in there somewhere and I think you sould consider adding one if you find a canidate to work with.

I'm listening on PC speakers and I think this mix translates very well.

Great job.
Rich

George Foreman Grill; Ginsu knifes; Clapper; Home Grown Intel i7 -6700K 16G Ram; Sonar Platinum; MOTU 896HD; Tascam US2400; 

My Music
ba_midi
Re:My Latest Track: "Keepin' You Close To My Heart" 2011/01/09 18:49:49 (permalink)
Psalmist35

Billy,
I think this is the first time I ever comment on one of your songs.  This song is really great and has alot of potiential for a great lyric.  I'm hearing a vocal in there somewhere and I think you sould consider adding one if you find a canidate to work with.

I'm listening on PC speakers and I think this mix translates very well.

Great job.
Rich

Rich,
Thanks for the comment and for listening.

I had a friend listen yesterday - he was initially listening on laptop speakers and thought it was pretty good.  Then he put on headphones (good ones) he has and said "OMG!  I love this!"    LOL

So I'm happy to know it still translates well to pc/laptop speakers but also sounds good on something more sturdy ;)

Thanks again Rich.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

jamesyoyo
Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3460
Re:My Latest Track: "Keepin' You Close To My Heart" 2011/01/09 20:29:16 (permalink)
Poptastic.
timidi
Max Output Level: -21 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5449
Re:My Latest Track: "Keepin' You Close To My Heart" 2011/01/09 20:58:28 (permalink)
ba_midi

timidi

if I understand correctly, the guit line is basically the vocal melody correct?
If so, i wouldn't bring it up.
What are the lyrics?

Heh, well, there are no lyrics.  Just the title ("Keepin' You Close To My Heart").  Much of the guit lines are where I hear the melody - in the chorus.  But the pre-chorus (part b of verse, if you will) only hints at what I hear for the melody.

And I think bringing up the guit lines is definitely in the cards.

Vocals make such a difference in the way people listen/hear music.  This is definitely a prime candidate for a vocal, but alas, I don't have a vocalist to go with it lol.  But I still have to make music even when it's not 'work/for hire', with or without vocals/lyrics- and hope it stands up either way.

Yes, vocals make a huge difference. It's always all about the vocal mostly. And, the vocal conveys the melody. 
I've noticed a lot of folks here wanting "vocals". And, what that seems to imply (at least here) is that they want someone to write the song. I mean, legally speaking, the song is melody and lyrics. I can understand that mindset to a point. I just don't get it. You really haven't written the song yet and really, there is no song. there is a track. The melody is sort of implied but could be translated many ways from what I hear. I don't think you need a "singer". You need a "song". Lyrics and melody. After that, finding someone to sing it would be a lot easier.
Just sayin. I mean no disrespect or anything cause I love your talent and your music.

ASUS P8P67, i7-2600K, CORSAIR 16GB, HIS 5450, 3 Samsung SSD 850, Win7 64, RME AIO.

https://timbowman.bandcamp.com/releases

ba_midi
Re:My Latest Track: "Keepin' You Close To My Heart" 2011/01/09 20:59:41 (permalink)
jamesyoyo

Poptastic.

Ha!  Cute.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

ba_midi
Re:My Latest Track: "Keepin' You Close To My Heart" 2011/01/09 21:09:04 (permalink)
timidi

ba_midi

timidi

if I understand correctly, the guit line is basically the vocal melody correct?
If so, i wouldn't bring it up.
What are the lyrics?

Heh, well, there are no lyrics.  Just the title ("Keepin' You Close To My Heart").  Much of the guit lines are where I hear the melody - in the chorus.  But the pre-chorus (part b of verse, if you will) only hints at what I hear for the melody.

And I think bringing up the guit lines is definitely in the cards.

Vocals make such a difference in the way people listen/hear music.  This is definitely a prime candidate for a vocal, but alas, I don't have a vocalist to go with it lol.  But I still have to make music even when it's not 'work/for hire', with or without vocals/lyrics- and hope it stands up either way.

Yes, vocals make a huge difference. It's always all about the vocal mostly. And, the vocal conveys the melody. 
I've noticed a lot of folks here wanting "vocals". And, what that seems to imply (at least here) is that they want someone to write the song. I mean, legally speaking, the song is melody and lyrics. I can understand that mindset to a point. I just don't get it. You really haven't written the song yet and really, there is no song. there is a track. The melody is sort of implied but could be translated many ways from what I hear. I don't think you need a "singer". You need a "song". Lyrics and melody. After that, finding someone to sing it would be a lot easier.
Just sayin. I mean no disrespect or anything cause I love your talent and your music.

Well I did title this thread "My latest track" so I agree with you ;)

However, the song is the lyrics, melody, and chord structure as well.   Not that it matters in this case, because I do consider this a track with a half written song lol.

And I didn't take it as disrespectful Tim.  I do appreciate your kind words about my talent and music very much.

BTW - if you ever wanna have some fun ... download the music only version of a hit song -- one that isn't TOO easily identifiable by the music portion only, though.  Also download the vocal edition.    Take someone you think might know the song mostly by the vocals.   Play the music edition only and don't give any hints.  Say it's something you're working on - and ask if they like it.

The answers will vary widly.  Some will tell you things like (I'm being general here):  it needs more bass, or it needs a vocal, I kind of like it, eh it's ok- nothing special, etc.   Then play them the actual hit that you already know they had liked.

It's a fun thing to do.  I've done it a bunch of times.  And it proves out how people "hear" a "track" very differently without a vocal unless it's a very obvious instrumental ;)

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

ba_midi
Re:My Latest Track: "Keepin' You Close To My Heart" 2011/01/10 13:51:05 (permalink)
Update:  one more new mix coming soon (with leads more out front).

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1