Midi stops working when I disable plugs

Author
rotaholic
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 204
2011/01/08 18:28:02 (permalink)

Midi stops working when I disable plugs

I have been using my new found trick alot lately, when pressing "ctrl" "shift" and "y" it bypasses ALL plugins and gives you back all that cpu power and gives you zero latency for over dubs, this has worked wonders for me on some projects, but I tried it with a few midi plugs and it works fine, but when I re-enable all the plugs the midi track plays back muted.

If I again disable all plugs midi plays fine with audio, but as soon as I re-enable plugs midi is muted.

Hope this makes sense? anybody have any expieriance with this or any solutions? Maybe someone could try and recreate it. From what ive found it doesnt matter which vsti you use, it will still do it

2 Replies Related Threads

jhughs
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1179
    Re:Midi stops working when I disable plugs 2011/01/08 21:52:45 (permalink)
    I've had problems with some MIDI plug-ins not activating even when just opening a project (M-Audio Drum & Bass in particular).

You might want to try freezing the tracks (the little snowflake or asterisk icon), which converts the track to a pre-processed audio file that burns less resources since the plug-ins associated with the track aren't being used.  You can always "unfreeze" later by clicking the icon again.

ASUS P5ND/Intel E8500, Line6 Toneport UX2/PODFarm, Sonar, Axiom 25, Blue Bluebird, Audio-Technica AT3035s, Blue Snowflake, Line6 Spider IV 150 & AMPLIFI, Crate 1

J Hughs Soundclick
    rotaholic
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 204
    Re:Midi stops working when I disable plugs 2011/01/08 22:57:09 (permalink)
    Thanks didnt think of trying that, will try it tonight and report back.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1