Let's Get This Party Started! (No Vox) VERSION 2

Author
RockingChair
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 803
2011/01/09 01:10:25 (permalink)

Let's Get This Party Started! (No Vox) VERSION 2

This is Version 2. I removed the crowd noises and added new drum sounds and changed the volume around a bit.

Thanks for taking the time to listen. BTW: I left the reply below so that you wouldn't think I was trying to hide anything.

Bobby

ROCK ON' WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I posted this a while back, but the idea behind this song is one that I made up around 1989 or so.

It was originally called "Bringing on that feeling", I changed the title.  I do have words, and this is a remix of a version I posted a while back.

It is meant to have a live type of sound, that's why I added the audience and stuff.

Honestly I hate it when you buy a CD to listen to a song expecting a STUDIO recording and you have the live take on stuff. I've had that happen to me several times. IT SUCKS!

This is my STUDIO take on it, the only difference is I added a crowd to the sound for fun, and the drums are Session drummer 2, that's new also.

Thanks for taking the time,

Bobby

Let's Get This Party Started!

post edited by RockingChair - 2011/01/09 14:26:04

17 Replies Related Threads

radio
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2782
    Re:Let's Get This Party Started! (No Vox) Remix, New Drums....... 2011/01/09 01:13:49 (permalink)

Thanks a lot Bobby ! I comment on your songs with great things to say about you and what do you do spread crap about me behind my back , thanks a lot BUDDY !

rockinrobby
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1265
    Re:Let's Get This Party Started! (No Vox) Remix, New Drums....... 2011/01/09 01:16:36 (permalink)
    It rocks pretty hard, the drums need some Rx. They should really pound and drive like AC/DC for this kind of music. Not the performance, but the tone/sound I think needs some help. But I struggle with me own mixes :-(

(Go Falcons)

http://www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby

Evil lurks here among us again... "Beware."
    RockingChair
    Re:Let's Get This Party Started! (No Vox) Remix, New Drums....... 2011/01/09 02:07:43 (permalink)
    radio

Thanks a lot Bobby ! I comment on your songs with great things to say about you and what do you do spread crap about me behind my back , thanks a lot BUDDY !

James, man, I haven't said NOTHING BAD ABOUT YOU DUDE! You are my friend! And a friend to others here also!

The only thing I mentioned in another post was "YOU ARE YOU, and NOT ANYBODY ELSE".

I was trying to prove the point that hey - "I'm sick of others saying we are someone else with a different user account names here, and you are TALKING TO the person you are trying to chat with, not some troll who has created multiple accounts".

That's all.

Bobby

Uh, BTW: This is the Songs thread and I have a song I wanted others to listen to. That might be the right thing to do ya know, since this is the Songs forums.

RockingChair
    Re:Let's Get This Party Started! (No Vox) Remix, New Drums....... 2011/01/09 02:17:13 (permalink)
    rockinrobby

It rocks pretty hard, the drums need some Rx. They should really pound and drive like AC/DC for this kind of music. Not the performance, but the tone/sound I think needs some help. But I struggle with me own mixes :-(

(Go Falcons)
    DAMN RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAN ME FOR USING THAT WORD BUT GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FALCONS RISE UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where can I find those drum's or setting Robby? All I have is Studio Drums 1 and Session Drummer 2.  I guess all I need is a settings file and then all that's left is the volume control.

I'm just not that good at that stuff. I have to concentrate on my guitar and go for it most of the time. I guess I'm wrong for doing so.

Whatever the case, thanks for taking the time,

Bobby

post edited by RockingChair - 2011/01/09 02:22:13

rockinrobby
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1265
    Re:Let's Get This Party Started! (No Vox) Remix, New Drums....... 2011/01/09 02:32:39 (permalink)
    I'm just saying, break them out, kick, snare, toms, hats, and cymbals. 

With each on their own track, you can compress them, put verb sends, EQ them, limit them, etc... That's how to do it. I'm trying to get better at it myself.

And I just wish the Saints would have won, so the Falcons could have ended their season at the Georgia dome... :-) It's ok, we'll show them how to beat Seattle :-)

And P.S.? For you morons who really think we're the same person? LOL! YOU'RE ****ED!! LOLOLOLOLOL!
    post edited by rockinrobby - 2011/01/09 02:34:00

http://www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby

Evil lurks here among us again... "Beware."
    Truckermusic
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1924
    Re:Let's Get This Party Started! (No Vox) Remix, New Drums....... 2011/01/09 09:22:37 (permalink)
    I'm trying to put my finger on who this reminds me of ...a lot of them county band can rock and rock hard.....I like this but I would lose the crowd ...because it really does nothing for this work.....becuase it can stand on it's own very well....it is played very well, and put together well and the production is nice and clean.....for me the crowd noise is distracting....

but the song it self is excellent.....JMHO

Clifford

http://www.soundclick.com/cliffordamundsen 
    NZXT Phantom Case (in Black)
    Windows 7, Service Pack 1, 64 Bit OP
    Sonar X3 Producer, 64 Bit 
    Asus P8P67 Pro Rev.3 MoBo
    16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Intel i-7 2600k Quad Core Sandy Bridge
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Edirol FA-101 Firewire interface
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    RockingChair
    Re:Let's Get This Party Started! (No Vox) Remix, New Drums....... 2011/01/09 14:18:03 (permalink)
    rockinrobby

(Go Falcons)

Thanks man, Hey, I realized today that the snare drum was "WAY OFF".

What I done was added the Session Drummer 2 Drums in place of the original drums, BUT I didn't realize there were two different snare sounds.

I also made other changes, I dunno. It's version 2 for now.  Maybe better, and maybe not!

BTW : I hope the packers LOSE!!!!!!!!!

The Falcons would have an easy first of two home game if that's the case. The Seahawks exposed the Saint's, but I honestly wasn't that surprised. My bro. called me today and was asking me about who I wanted to win in the AFL and I told him like I'll tell you "Too early to worry about that stuff, The Seahawks proved that there are no easy wins in the playoffs". JMO.

Thanks man,

Bobby

RockingChair
    Re:Let's Get This Party Started! (No Vox) Remix, New Drums....... 2011/01/09 14:20:25 (permalink)
    Truckermusic

I'm trying to put my finger on who this reminds me of ...a lot of them county band can rock and rock hard.....I like this but I would lose the crowd ...because it really does nothing for this work.....becuase it can stand on it's own very well....it is played very well, and put together well and the production is nice and clean.....for me the crowd noise is distracting....

but the song it self is excellent.....JMHO

Clifford

HEY "TRUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!" I'm only kidding, I've been wanting to say that for some time. And BTW the definition in my terms for "TRUCK YOU" means "THANKS".

I removed the crowd noise. It was a bit self glorifying and over the top wasn't it.

I posted a new mix, I think it's better, I changed the drums around and everything. I think all it needs now is vocals?

I dunno.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and reply.

Bobby

RockingChair
    Re:Let's Get This Party Started! (No Vox) Remix, New Drums....... 2011/01/09 14:33:17 (permalink)
    Bump, honestly I think this is the best I've done to date. Not sure. Heck, either way, I have everything posted now. "Well, at least a third of what I have recorded, it was fun either way".

Thanks for listening!!!!!!! God Bless you all!

Bobby

Chris S
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 396
    Re:Let's Get This Party Started! (No Vox) Remix, New Drums....... 2011/01/09 15:21:04 (permalink)
    Good guitars, but it shows how much Session drummer 2 sucks.
    Replace the drums with better stuff and record live crashes! Use Paste, they my favs.

Listen in
    RockingChair
    Re:Let's Get This Party Started! (No Vox) Remix, New Drums....... 2011/01/09 17:27:38 (permalink)
    Chris S

Good guitars, but it shows how much Session drummer 2 sucks.
    Replace the drums with better stuff and record live crashes! Use Paste, they my favs.

Wanna show me what to add? I'd be more than happy to send you a .mp3 to add those sounds to it and remix with those sounds.

Hey, Session Drummer 2 isn't the fault here for the Cymbals it's my inability for not being a drummer.

Whatever the case, I thought they sounded pretty good considering what I have had to work with. Nobody's perfect, I just did the best I could and that's all I could do at the time with what I have to use.

I'm so shocked at how so many people have keyed on my drum sounds lately, but they don't offer to add drums or help. I don't get it.

Oh well, I did what I could, it is what it is. Like it or hate it, OR ADD TO IT!

Bobby

RockingChair
    Re:Let's Get This Party Started! (No Vox) Remix, New Drums....... 2011/01/09 18:42:50 (permalink)
    rockinrobby

I'm just saying, break them out, kick, snare, toms, hats, and cymbals. 

I'm not a drummer, and I don't have no help. I did the best I could do with what I have.

I just wish everyone would realize that all I am is a guitar player and songwriter. If you Gonna SAY IT then SHOW ME THE WAY! Or at least work with me on this stuff. If your too busy to not do so then don't comment!

Best of luck,

Bobby

RockingChair
    Re:Let's Get This Party Started! (No Vox) Remix, New Drums....... 2011/01/09 18:51:27 (permalink)
    Oh well, I will never post here again.

I'm just done with it all.

Take care everyone, May God Bless you all!

Bobby

Scottytunes
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5695
    Re:Let's Get This Party Started! (No Vox) Remix, New Drums....... 2011/01/09 18:56:16 (permalink)
    RockingChair

Oh well, I will never post here again.

I'm just done with it all.

Take care everyone, May God Bless you all!

Bobby

Okay, see you tomorrow!

String Jammer
    mgh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8594
    Re:Let's Get This Party Started! (No Vox) Remix, New Drums....... 2011/01/11 08:45:09 (permalink)
    Bobby - i could just post what i always post on your stuff - great guitars, ok drums, needs vocals. maybe the new CHB band will sort this out, eh?

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    groveendroad
    • Total Posts : 809
    Re:Let's Get This Party Started! (No Vox) VERSION 2 2011/01/11 12:13:06 (permalink)
    This is my one day off this week and I am having a good time just listening to this on my computer speakers. This sounds very good on here, so it will sound great in my car, Im sure!!!

I alway like to here your playing, lots of fun!!

Cheers,
    Terry

M-Audio interface
    HP Pavilion a730n XP
    Sonar producer 8.5
    Dimension pro
    Alesis Q8
    Blue Bird mic

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_5952498
    RockingChair
    Re:Let's Get This Party Started! (No Vox) Remix, New Drums....... 2011/01/18 23:37:02 (permalink)
    mgh

Bobby - i could just post what i always post on your stuff - great guitars, ok drums, needs vocals. maybe the new CHB band will sort this out, eh?

I'm sorry to upset you, or anyone else here, I've had a few problems.

Honestly, and I"m not going to to into the reviews on this tune "Which I hope you can call it so" : When I first posted it, I thought adding a live audience sound to it was the right thing to do. Not to give myself kudos or no BS like that, but for the sound.

This is a new version, and sadly, not any better I guess?

LOL, I was making a joke there, you couldn't possibly know because I deleted the previous version. Sorry.

It is what it is, like it or hate it, love it or leave it, "I'm outa one liners so just say it sucks if you just don't wanna hear it anymore!".

Either way, the learning process on this one if over with, and thank you all for the welcomed thoughts.

The drums are what they are, and are all I can do for now without any help.

Bobby

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1