DSF Acoustic Kits in Session Drummer 3?

Author
LHousehold
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 163
2011/01/09 10:03:04 (permalink)

DSF Acoustic Kits in Session Drummer 3?

I have the DSF Acoustic Kits expansion pack, and it works well in Dimension Pro. However, I want to use it in Session Drummer 3 which has some better functions when concerning drums. The programs don't show up in the SD3's media browser, which is understandable. So I went and tried to loud individual drums, which are simple multisamples, so it should work. Except they have this weird sound to them. They play, but they are all wrong. Very strange. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks for any help.

Windows 7 64 bit
Cakewalk Sonar X2 Producer
Cakewalk A-500PRO MIDI controller

1 Reply Related Threads

timswartz
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 78
    Re:DSF Acoustic Kits in Session Drummer 3? 2011/01/09 12:19:15 (permalink)
    Hi,

Dimension and Session Drummer 3 (SD3) can both read SFZ files, but in this case, the SFZ files are designed for the unique parameters of the synth. SD3 requires specific mapped key ranges to conform to the drag and drop layout, where as Dimension is mapped for the convential keyboard keymap. For example, the Dimension SFZ contains all or most of the drum mapping. The SD3 SFZ contains one style of drum or cymbal - ie Kicks, Snares, Hats, etc, each requiring their own SFZ.

Digital Sound Factory has recently release Acoustic Kits for SD3 that takes advantage of these features.
    http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=10-DSAK1.00-20E

Best Regards,
    Tim
    www.DigitalSoundFactory.com
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1