Question on DM Pro elements

Author
wyndham
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 128
2011/01/13 10:55:09 (permalink)

Question on DM Pro elements

I have recently been working with DM Pro and the new 1.5 update. I have a question on the elements files. I tried to open one with note pad, thinking these might be text files but are not.
If I understand the element files are the settings for single and mulitsample wav and sfz files set for a certain effect in one of the 4 elements locations but are there other 3rd party or free elements file settings or do I have the concept of these files incorrect?
Thanks Wyndham

4 Replies Related Threads

S.Wallis
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 269
    Re:Question on DM Pro elements 2011/01/13 16:56:08 (permalink)
    Some elements are composed of SFZ files, and some (but a lot less) are just simple WAVs. It does say in the section where you load the sample for the element whether it's an SFZ or a WAV.

So, say you load a 'program' that you like, have a look in the section where you'd load the sample for the element and see if the file name ends with .sfz or .wav. If it's an sfz, you should be able to load this with note pad.

Let me know if you need more help.
    wyndham
    Re:Question on DM Pro elements 2011/01/13 17:07:50 (permalink)
    What I was referring to is in the elements folder there are some elements files that have no sfz or wav file connected to it. What I' trying to understand is for those .elm files are these presents for a sfz or wav file. Thanks, Wyndham
    S.Wallis
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 269
    Re:Question on DM Pro elements 2011/01/13 17:54:44 (permalink)
    Each 'program' (or preset) in Dim Pro is composed of one or more elements. I think the elements folder just contains info that only Dim Pro can read, which includes file type (sfz or .wav), and various parameter settings (filter cut-off etc...)

You can also save your own elements rather than saving the sound as a 'program' to decrease the saved file sound. So if you create a sound that only uses one of the elements, save the sound as an element. If the sound includes more than one element, save the sound as a 'program.'

It can also be useful to save the individual elements even if your sound includes more than one element. That way you can try out different elements together without having to start from scratch each time.
    wyndham
    Re:Question on DM Pro elements 2011/01/14 10:14:10 (permalink)
    Thanks that help clarify the issue. Wyndham
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1