UA-25EX and Windows Media Center (TV)

Author
eckleysp
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
2011/01/13 19:06:32 (permalink)

UA-25EX and Windows Media Center (TV)

No doubt about this being the wrong place to ask, but I am at the end of my wits.  I have Windows 7, and in every program capable of making a sound I can hear it through the UA-25EX interface.  But not Windows Media Center.  I am recording TV via a Hauppauge (Win TV).  I get picture but no sound. 

Microsoft feels the need to hide things, so if there is an option that is turned off (which would make NO sense), I can't find it.  I've been through the obvious - and the Media Player works fine - so I'm searching for the obvious, that on this system is not so.

2 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:UA-25EX and Windows Media Center (TV) 2011/01/23 17:55:32 (permalink)
    have a look at your windows control panel... hardware and sound..

you might find your default card is set to the one on the motherboard..
    (a realtek)

change the default playback device to the UA-25ex pehaps

that hauppauge thing, does just picture and audio ?

Chappel
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2300
    Re:UA-25EX and Windows Media Center (TV) 2011/01/23 19:48:45 (permalink)
    eckleysp

No doubt about this being the wrong place to ask, but I am at the end of my wits.  I have Windows 7, and in every program capable of making a sound I can hear it through the UA-25EX interface.  But not Windows Media Center.  I am recording TV via a Hauppauge (Win TV).  I get picture but no sound. 

Microsoft feels the need to hide things, so if there is an option that is turned off (which would make NO sense), I can't find it.  I've been through the obvious - and the Media Player works fine - so I'm searching for the obvious, that on this system is not so.

Check your Hauppauge TV software's prefs I believe you can change the audio input source there.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1