2 Songs: Pulled Pork and The Blowers Daughter

Author
codamedia
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1185
2011/01/20 18:53:45 (permalink)

2 Songs: Pulled Pork and The Blowers Daughter

I've been a member of the forums for a few years now, but just recently became active. I've been enjoying this "Songs" section, and I find that listening to someones music can actually give an insight into how they might be using Sonar, and that makes it easier to understand where they are coming from during a discussion up top.

With that in mind - I figured I would share just a couple of pieces I've recorded with Sonar.  

Pulled Pork: This was one of 12 songs recorded during an album project. The singer/songwriter had some health issues, and the recording of the album extended for many years. This song would have been tracked around 2003/2004 on whatever the current Sonar was at the time. It was finally mixed on Version 7 or 8 and the CD was released in 2009. It's a quirky little piece, hope you enjoy. 

Blowers Daughter: This is a Damien Rice song that I recorded as a guitar instrumental. An independent film company needed an instrumental version of this song and I got the call. It was recorded on Version 8 about 2 years ago, but I flew the parts into X1 over the holidays to mix this version. It gave me a good chance to play around with X1, and try Pro Channel out. There are no drums on this track, true to the original.
post edited by codamedia - 2012/04/01 20:36:17

Don't fix it in the mix ... Fix it in the take! 

Desktop: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit , ASUS MB w/Intel Chipset, INTEL Q9300 Quad Core, 2.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM, ATI 5450 Video
Laptop: Windows 7 Pro, i5, 8 Gig Ram
Hardware: Presonus FP10 (Firepod), FaderPort, M-Audio Axiom 49, Mackie 1202 VLZ, POD X3 Live, Variax 600, etc... etc...

2 Replies Related Threads

Zuma
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 525
    Re:2 Songs: Pulled Pork and The Blowers Daughter 2011/01/20 22:12:03 (permalink)
    Outstanding. You pulled off southern rock in the Great White North. You certainly were doing more than just pullin' your pork, old boy. There's nothing here to pick apart AFAIC. You get an A+ from me. "Blowers Daughter" was quite beautiful as well... reminds me of something/someone but I can't quite put my finger on it yet.

http://zumajunction.bandcamp.com/

"the bus came by and I got on that's when it all began. There was cowboy Neal at the wheel of a bus to never ever land."_

codamedia
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1185
    Re:2 Songs: Pulled Pork and The Blowers Daughter 2011/01/21 07:32:10 (permalink)
    Those are very kind words Zuma, thank you! 

Since you mentioned the Great White North - we're sitting at minus 41 with wind chill this morning - it's a good day to stay inside and record!

Don't fix it in the mix ... Fix it in the take! 

Desktop: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit , ASUS MB w/Intel Chipset, INTEL Q9300 Quad Core, 2.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM, ATI 5450 Video
    Laptop: Windows 7 Pro, i5, 8 Gig Ram
    Hardware: Presonus FP10 (Firepod), FaderPort, M-Audio Axiom 49, Mackie 1202 VLZ, POD X3 Live, Variax 600, etc... etc...
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1