Guitar Tracks 4 vs Windows Vista

Author
medintegra
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2011/01/24 06:38:13 (permalink)

Guitar Tracks 4 vs Windows Vista

I tried to install GT 4 under Vista 32-bit. GT 4 doesn't work correctly.
1. In the Console view mode, I can move on a desctop Reverb, Echo and other buttons only once, to maximum, after that moved button became dead and doesn't answer to mouse clicks.
2. It's impossible to import a loop or soundtrack for recording - in the Loop Explorer view mode no folder is availiable, I can see folders, but they don't answer the mouse clicks.
I tired installation for more times. Driver is istalled correctly as well.
Who knoes, what to do? Do I really need to uprgade Vista to Win7? But I don't want ...
Be happy everybody!
Igors from Riga.

7 Replies Related Threads

xxxlambo
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 68
    Re:Guitar Tracks 4 vs Windows Vista 2011/01/24 17:31:52 (permalink)
    I used GTP4 with Vista 32 bit for a year before I upgraded to Sonar.  I didn't experience any big issues.  I'm sorry I can't give advice beyond what you have tried, but I can verify that GTP 4 does work in 32bit Vista for what it is worth.  A small thing you could try is make sure you are running it as an administrator.  That may or may not help you're 2nd problem.

Did you try to contact tech support?  I've heard they usually do a pretty good job with issues like these, I don't have any first hand experience using them though.
    Jim622
    • Total Posts : 24
    Re:Guitar Tracks 4 vs Windows Vista 2011/01/26 16:13:58 (permalink)
    I can't help either. I run vista - no issues. Try uninstall/reinstall maybe.

midivox
    • Total Posts : 37
    Re:Guitar Tracks 4 USB Windows Vista Can not Open Tempate or Even Add Tracks Did Upgrade. 2011/01/27 03:02:48 (permalink)
    Hi Everyone,
        I installed GTP4 USB tonight. Also downloaded and installed the upgrade. Same for Guitar Rig 3. I use Vista 32 bit.
        The software will not load or open anything. Not even a blank template. The Add a Track does not work at all.
        The help files work. I can setup up audio and midi devices, but there is no preview synth, so can not even play a loop.
        I do not know if the software did not install properly, or is only opening and running part way. I do get the Start Up pop up box. Open a Project, Start a New Project etc.
        My other Cakewalk Programs are working fine. CSHS 7XL and X1 Essentials and SHS 6.
        I do not have anything running when installing except web browser so I register and upgrade online.
        Could I have a bad DVD? Bad Install?
    Thanks, I will call in tomorrow and ask for a new program disc. I did not get any error messages while installing.
    Happy Guitar Tracks Pro 4 USB.

Teach Yourself Singing
    If You Can Talk You Can Sing.
    Amazon. eBay.
    www.TeachYourselfSinging.com
    http://stores.ebay.com/Te...lfSingingLoveSongs4You

midivox
    Re:Guitar Tracks 4 USB Windows Vista Can not Open Tempate or Even Add Tracks Did Upgrade. 2011/01/28 02:42:39 (permalink)
    Hi Everyone,
        Making progress. Reinstalled and after I loaded a CSHS7 XL file in to GT4 , it played back fine. I tested the ins and outs on the GT USB. They all worked. The audio from the guitar sounded good in the headphones, but when I tried to record guitar audio into GT4. Got Error Message, Unable to Open Audio Device.

Settings seemed ok, input, output, driver, record options. One thing GT4 does not have is any kind of detailed record settings like CSHS 7XL has. There is no screens in GT4 to setup the buffer sizes, recording sample rate, bit rate, choose driver, etc.

I get GT4 tries to do it all automaticly or simply uses whatever settings you have on the USB recorder by default. I am using the default settings 16 bit, 44K. I could never get the audio meters to work or hear any guitar audio in GT4.

So I closed GT4 down and tried the USB Recorder with CHS 7XL.In 7XL the audio meters worked and I could hear audio from the guitar but it was full of crackling noises and not clean. I had the same driver settings in both GT4 and CSHS 7XL.

I tried calling tech support but gave up after being on hold for an hour. So I emailed them and told them I already looked in the knowledge base, etc. Nothing there.

I will try moving the USB Recorders Dip Switches tomorrow, look for an updated driver and try all 3 audio driver choices. Creative ASIO. WDM, and WASPI. I will also try changing the bit rate and sample rate.

I will also test the audio recorder in some non Cakewalk Audio Software.

My GT4 box had no system requirements on the bottom of the box. They had been peeled off in shipping, so I only paid 32 bucks US for the new unopened GT4 Pro USB. The store manager told me. We can not sell it at full price, because the customers can not even read the box to see what the PC and Mac system requirements are.

The Roland USB recorder was bubble wrapped, and all the disks and manuals were sealed and in plastic bags. And the shape of the box was fine, so for the price of a couple of large pizzas, I got the recording deal of the year already.

Happy Recording
    Timothy Kelly
    MidiVox
    midivox
    Re:Guitar Tracks 4 USB Windows Vista Can not Open Tempate or Even Add Tracks Did Upgrade. 2011/01/28 23:53:48 (permalink)
    Hi All,
        Today I started downloaded and installed the GT4 Update. After I did that, all my Cakewalk Programs quit working. So I just uninstalled GT4 completely.
        Maybe GT4 only works on PCs that do not use any other Cakewalk Music Software programs?
        Meanwhile, tech support never answered my email for help.
        I have to finish some current SHS 7XL projects this weekend. Monday I will try to call Cakewalk Customer Service and ask for a new GT4 program DVD.
    Happy Weekend
    Timothy Kelly
    MidiVox
    brickman7
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Guitar Tracks 4 USB Windows Vista Can not Open Tempate or Even Add Tracks Did Upgrade. 2011/02/27 20:56:57 (permalink)
    Try using just GT Pro and don't install the 4.0.5 update...the update caused my GT 4 to stop functioning.....Just a thought
    gray36
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 372
    Re:Guitar Tracks 4 USB Windows Vista Can not Open Tempate or Even Add Tracks Did Upgrade. 2011/02/27 22:13:40 (permalink)
    I would make Cakewalk take care of the problems, no reason you should not have the update. I have GTP4 and Sonar 8.5.3 on same system, so you can run more than one. You both either have bad DVDs or missing something, but should not settle for less than what is expected from the software. A last note: Did you read about holding down shift(?), while starting GTP4 after the update, there is something I remember about that, then again, a Cake Rep. should be able to help you both. Good luck!

HP Pavilion dv6 Intel Duo Core 2 2.20GHz T6600, Windows 7 x 64, Guitar tracks Pro 4, SonarX1dEXP,SonarX2Prod. 8.5.3, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, JBL monitors, Alesis SR-16, Guitar Rig 4 Pro, PRS SE, Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Cort SJ-10 ,Steven Slate 3.5, Akai MPK25, Glyph GT 050Q (500GB)RP1000http://soundcloud.com/mar...ayin-around-mix1 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1