VS-20 Using VST Plugins-Line 6 Pod FARM 2

Author
Dannyb
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2011/01/24 09:37:16 (permalink)

VS-20 Using VST Plugins-Line 6 Pod FARM 2

I purchased Line 6 Pod Farm 2, the plugin version (my pod XT live acts as a big dongle). 
I have no problems what so ever adding effects to tracks post record.  However i cannot work out how to wet monitor a dry feed if that makes sense.
I believe this could be due to a limitation with the shipped software of the cut down Guitar tracks.  My question is will upgrading to guitar tracks 4 PRO allow me to insert a 'send' command to a Bus of my choice.  I say this as I have seen a link on internet when someone did this in Sonar .  They created a new bus, added the effects to that bus, and then created a send to that bus.  Which gave the them wet feed monitor!

Regards

Dan

1 Reply Related Threads

SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    Re:VS-20 Using VST Plugins-Line 6 Pod FARM 2 2011/01/25 08:35:08 (permalink)

Hi there Dan, welcome aboard.

All you need to do to hear the wet effect from your POD Farm 2 is to switch on Input Echo in the track you're recording to.

In GT4, the button appears in the track pane in the Track View alongside the Mute and Solo buttons;

As this sends your dry signal through the POD Farm 2 plug-in you may hear a slight delay (hence the term Input Echo) before you hear the processed sound. This so-called 'latency' depends on how fast your computer can process the signal - however, you may be able to reduce this by changing the settings on your soundcard if the delay is too long  to work with.

Note that even though you can now hear the processed sound, GT4 will still only record your dry guitar signal.

Steve

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1