Problem with A-300 and Live intro

Author
82DMC12
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2011/01/25 15:36:45 (permalink)

Problem with A-300 and Live intro

Hi Everyone,

I just bought Ableton Live Intro 8 and a Cakewalk A-300 controller.  I think I have it set up properly, but I'm not positive as there are a lot of settings within Live and it appears the A-300 is not supported natively.

My problem is when I try to use control map 12, as the manual indicates for Live, I am able to play instruments and the sliders work properly.  But, I can't seem to use Live's MIDI assignment function to let the knobs on the A-300 control the knobs for an instrument.  For instance, If I bring up a synth, I want to assign the virtual knobs for Cutoff, Res, etc to the knobs on the A-300.  I enter the MIDI map function in Live, click on the virtual knob, the turn the physical knob I want to assign that parameter to.  In the map window it seems like Live can't decide which CC # to use because it fluctuates between two different CC #'s constantly.  If I save it like that, and try to use the knob, it's very unpredictable and unresponsive, usually with a 1 - 2 second delay before the virtual knob starts to change.  Really odd.

If I go into the A-300 and choose control Map 1, I can then assign the knobs and it works perfectly with no delays or fluctuation - but then the sliders, transport controls, etc are not mapped.

Can anyone walk me through the install and set-up from beginning to end?

A lot to ask, but I'm not sure if I am doing this right.

Thanks,
Andy

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1