Mackie Control Universal bugs in X1 Producer

Author
Savagery
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 101
2011/01/26 15:32:38 (permalink)

Mackie Control Universal bugs in X1 Producer

Hello, been lurking for a while reading about X1... have learned a lot from this forum, so thanks to all who post here!

Anyway, I recently bought and installed X1 after being a Cakewalk user since the Pro Audio days, and overall I love it, I think it's a huge improvement. Using it with my Mackie control, though, I noticed a few things, and I wondered if anyone else had the same issues. (yes I upgraded to X1a)

If I add a Mackie Control as a controller while my audio interface(s) aren't connected (so X1 has no audio drivers running), the system crashes, every time. I already sent a report to Cakewalk about this, just curious if anyone else had this. When I plug in and enable my interface, it works fine.

Also, when I archive a track, all of the tracks after that's v-pot LEDs do not reflect their pan settings. For example, I archive track 3. After that, the v-pots on the MCU for tracks 1 and 2 will change as I twist them as normal, but from tracks 3 on, the LEDs just stay frozen. The VALUE changes, and is even reflected in the MCU window above (3%L, 100%R, etc) but only the LEDs are frozen. When I unarchive the track, it's back to normal. Just an annoyance.

I'll submit a formal report, I'm just curious if it's only me, since I haven't been able to find anybody else having issues with the MCU and X1a.

Dave Nelson

3 Replies Related Threads

FastBikerBoy
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 11326
    Re:Mackie Control Universal bugs in X1 Producer 2011/01/26 15:42:57 (permalink)
    Hi there

Welcome to the forum. I use an MCU + XT with X1a with no major problems. One or two keypresses have changed but they are obscure ones such as hide tracks (M4+Fit Tracks).

I can't say I've ever run my DAW without my interface connected so I have no idea about the crashing you are experiencing.

I can't say I've noticed the V-pot LED problem either but then I normally hide archived tracks so they don't show on the MCU either.

When I'm next back at my DAW I'll look just out of curiosity. There are several MCU users here so you may get a more immediate reply from one of them.
    Savagery
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 101
    Re:Mackie Control Universal bugs in X1 Producer 2011/02/07 14:58:23 (permalink)
    *bump*

Thanks for the feedback FBB... any info on the Archiving bug? Could someone else please try this? It's very annoying, I archive a track, and all the pan readouts for every track after that don't work on the MCU. Doesn't matter if I hide the track or not.

Thanks!
    FastBikerBoy
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 11326
    Re:Mackie Control Universal bugs in X1 Producer 2011/02/08 07:56:33 (permalink)
    Back at the DAW.

Yes I am seeing the issue with archived tracks and the following tracks pan settings. They are not being reflected by the MCU. They are being correctly reflected in X1 though. I guess that means the problem is in the Mackie CS dll. I'm hoping that gets updated at some point because of other minor niggles with it.

I've never noticed before simply because by the time I get to messing around with pan settings all my archived tracks are hidden. Once hidden it is not affecting the pan and they work correctly. I also tend to watch the MCU scribble strip which is reporting the correct setting. It's only the V-pot's red outer LED that doesn't move here.

Probably worth putting a bug report in for if it annoys you.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1