To trigger Recording Audio from Keyboard Sequencer into Sonar

Author
alm1mal
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20
2011/01/26 22:15:18 (permalink)

To trigger Recording Audio from Keyboard Sequencer into Sonar

Hi everyone.

Can someone help me how to set up Sonar and my keyboard to so that I can record tracks programmed in the keyboard sequencer into Sonar, with Sonar triggering it's start /stop etc? I remember a friend did that in his studio using MIDI cable, External the keyboard clock etc, but I just failed to get it done myself until now. What are the settings in Sonar to achieve this? I appreciate if you can help me step by step.

Thanks, all the best everyone.

2 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:To trigger Recording Audio from Keyboard Sequencer into Sonar 2011/01/27 00:12:41 (permalink)
    You don't mention the keyboard or interface, but yea, you'll need a midi cable (or USB midi) from the computer to the keyboard.  Not sure what you need to get them synced, but you want SONAR to record while sending a start command to the keyboard, which plays the internal sequence.

What you haven't made clear is whether you want to record the midi pattern or the audio from the keyboard.  If midi, you'll need a midi cable or USB option from the Keyboard enabled.  You record it in a midi track.  If audio, you'll need an audio cable connected to your computer's interface.  Arm the track and make sure its input is the audio channel your keyboard is plugged into, and record.

A lot of little steps, and everything has to be set right, but it is pretty basic stuff.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Chappel
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2300
    Re:To trigger Recording Audio from Keyboard Sequencer into Sonar 2011/01/27 01:42:16 (permalink)
    I think most of what you need to know is located in the Help files under Synchronization. Also, if you don't have the SYNC Tool visible in your toolbar, right click the main toolbar and make sure SYNC has a checkmark next to it. You can probably do everything you need with that Tool.

I could copy and paste the info here but since you already have the same info in your help files I think it will be good for you to know where that info is so you can use it for reference. There are also a few things you should know about in Options>Global>Timecode Tab.

Like AT posted, it's all pretty basic stuff and the info in your Help Files should get you going in very little time. Let us know if you still need help after reading up on Synchronization.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1